To Be A Better Man

" Leave. Cheating on me and breaking my heart is enough already. "

"Hye Jung please, open the door and let me see you at least for one last time, PLEASE!"

Settled into a small apartment with tears running down her cheeks and a whole bottle of expensive wine that could have been shared between him and her now belonged solely to Hye Jung as she chugs half of the bottle down her throat. The red dim lights in her room is making her almost drunken self dizzy with fever and stupor as Jong-hyun was furiously banging on the door with the palm of his hands, begging her to open it and to let him in. The ruckus was causing Hye Jung to have a frenzied headache and the tone of his voice held a crushing sadness in it.  The voice itself made her want to give in so badly and cry even more. Hye Jung's mind told her not to open the door but her heart commanded her to do so yet she forced herself not to move and keep on hearing his desperate pleadings while he continuously knocked on the door.

The thoughts that ran through her mind vanished, but the memory of him kissing a woman's neck with a playful drunken smile besmeared onto his face kept replaying in her head.

Hye Jung had entered the night club to see Jong-hyun

Hye Jung had entered the night club to see Jong-hyun. They were supposed to meet like what they agreed on and she had anticipated to see him as she passes by the figures of dancing people. The lights was blaring dizzily with hues of red and pink, sweaty bodies grinding against one another as she approaches the bar and orders for a glass of wine. She slid onto a stool and tossed her brown locks back as she rests her elbow onto the table and looks around the dim room. It was a Saturday night and around 10 pm as the music grew louder and louder to her ears, the glass was served as Hye Jung politely thanked the bartender and paid for her drink, lifting the glass up to her lips and carefully taking one sip after another as she waited for Jong-hyun to appear.

As an hour later had passed and he still did not come, Hye Jung sighed heavily as it was obvious that she was in distress and thought that Jong-hyun might've stood her up. Deciding to linger in the bar for a moment to wait for him a little bit more, she ordered another glass of wine and paid for it again, quickly drinking the red wine down, and standing up, adjusting her dress that happened to be Jong-hyun's favorite, she prepare to go home. When Hye Jung was about to exit through the door, she turned to look for a last minute scanning when a flashing figure walking to a booth caught her eye and she instantly  recognized the figure and started to tail him. Gently pushing the surrounding bodies to the side and excusing herself apologetically when they turn to look at her with questioning glances, Hye Jung kept on tailing Jong-hyun until she was able to get a clear view of the booth he was in and what she had seen caused her to stop breathing for a second.

Jong-hyun was settled onto a comfy, black velvet seat and a woman was straddled onto his lap with her arms around his neck, and his around her waist, his face buried in between her arms and neck with laughters erupting out of their mouths. Hye Jung couldn't move her feet to confront him, nor could she move to exit the place. As she watch them, Hye Jung hadn't noticed that her heart was silently breaking itself to tiny pieces and her eyes were ablaze  with tears. It felt like she had been standing there forever when the two of them tilted their heads at her, Jong-hyun looking at Hye Jung emotionlessly as he kept his arms firm around the woman's waist while the woman looked at her with disdain. He was drunk, Hye Jung knew it but the way he had the woman in his arms shot her with a crushing blow in the gut and the heart and at that moment, the room became too difficult for her to be in, and her vision began to blur. Without a word, she turned around and, pushing herself through the throng of the dancing crowd, left the place, holding her tears back as best as possible, her heart breaking in every possible way it could find as she finds her way home.

5 months passed by after that incident and now, trying to keep her sobs quiet, she covered her mouth with a hand, silently begging for Jong-hyun to leave her alone and to let her cry in peace but to no avail, he continuously pounded on her door, u...

5 months passed by after that incident and now, trying to keep her sobs quiet, she covered her mouth with a hand, silently begging for Jong-hyun to leave her alone and to let her cry in peace but to no avail, he continuously pounded on her door, until she couldn't take the banging noise anymore and decided to face him. So, Hye Jung got up and stomped towards the door, firmly grasping the knob and taking a deep breath before opening it, her heart clenching with pain as she finds herself eye to eye with him, her eyes red-rimmed and swollen as she crosses her arms and stares at him coldly. Jong-hyun looked like a mess. His hair was disheveled, some of the strands were sticking halfway up as if he were electrocuted, his eyes were puffy and red just like hers. The way he looked just made Hye Jung want to collect him to her arms but then, she remembered the unforgivable thing he did and anger surged itself into her body. She fought herself back by pinching her underarm and kept on looking at him.

JH: I...I...

Jong-hyun stutters nervously as he starts picking on the cuffs of his shirt while looking at her anxiously. Hye Jung was just as anxious as he was and it hurt too much to look at him so she avoided looking into his eyes. A sob collapsed out of her mouth as she starts punching his chest with her fists, tears cascading down her cheeks as she repeatedly hit him while sobbing.

HJ: Why? why the fuck did you cheat on me? you grew out of our relationship? you could've just broken up with me. Out of all the things you could have done, you've chosen to cheat? why?

Hye Jung, once again, had burst into fresh tears as she pleads to him, fisting his shirt and pushing his body back and forth but he allowed her to do so because he deserved it. She was more miserable than furious at him. She could never be angry, that was the problem, and he took the chance to hurt her.

Hye Jung kept on sobbing as she finally let her arms fall due to exhaustion and soreness, taking her hands off of him as he suddenly gathered her into his arms and engulfed her into a bone crushing hug, burying his face in her shoulder as she allowed herself cry and collapse into his arms that she longed to feel. Hye Jung had missed him so badly it hurt, the chance to have his strong arms around her felt so distressingly good, and his scent smelt the same. Her favorite scent of his.

And suddenly, they were in bed, kissing feverishly and passionately, his warm body towering over hers, pressing Hye Jung down on the bed. Their bodies, craving for one another, felt hot beneath their clothes as they keep their lips pressed against each other and found themselves shimmying out of their clothes. As soon as they were out of them, Jong-hyun spent the whole night making love to Hye Jung and working hard to obtain her forgiveness.

It was 2 in the morning after many hours of lovemaking, but Jong-hyun and Hye Jung were cuddling on the bed, only the sheets covered their nakedness. Jong-hyun felt like he was the luckiest man in the world, and the thought of breaking Hye Jung's heart and losing her again was worse than dying. Jong-Hyun vowed to be a better man for her.

JH: Thank you for taking me back and for putting up with me. I know that what happened won't change anything but I promise to be a better man for you . I love you. So damn much."

HJ: I love you too. What's done is already done, it's no use to dwell on it longer. We will pretend it never happened, okay?

JH: I won't ever hurt you again, I promise.

HJ: You better keep your promise on that.

JH: I will. I promise.