Reminiscing About Her

The day She had dissolved into particles of ashes had shattered Hyun Bin's world of tranquility and peace.

The sorrowful smile that had been on Soojung's face had shown that she had given in to her destiny, and it had truly left a painful blow to Hyun Bin's heart. The tears that trickled onto his cheeks as he helplessly watched the love of his life's life drain away from her, his stomach bubbled dreadfully and his heart was agonized with intense pain.

At first, Soojung had been struggling with all of her might not to slip her grip off of his hand while pieces of her had started to disappear, ashes began to pool around her and onto the ground in piles of them. The sight of her sad smile and the way she had given in to her fate had made Hyun Bin's eyes water with more tears and several more wrenching sobs had come out of his mouth. And this outcome was caused by an error that had been in a game .

It was on a starry night of August 19th in Florence, Italy. It was their 5 years of marriage anniversary and the two of them were taking a night stroll through the park nearby their hotel, talking freely with Soojung's arm intertwined with Hyun Bin's, looking at one another with so much love in their body languages, their feet pattering on the pavement as people walked by and some had noticed just how the couple were too in love to notice the surroundings around them, which had made them smile. Suddenly, the sound of crackling thunder and lightning with light showers of rain had Hyun Bin, through his technological contact lenses that had been developed by his company to create a new VR game that would be entertaining and realistic-looking for the consumers to experience a surrealistic game, become alerted that they had intruders.

Despite it being a game that can be seen through the lenses, the NPC warriors, some dressed as military soldiers, some covered up in dark garbs and others in joseon dynasty uniforms, had surrounded them with their guns, swords and blades shining and pointing towards them. Soojung had worn her contact lens as well, despite Hyun Bin's strong objections to her putting them on as it was a much dangerous game for her to be in. The error that was planted in the game had been a bug, and at that time, his company had been in the process of discovering the problem that had to be wiped out quickly before it could cause harm to the specified players before the game was to be released. Unfortunately, the game had caused several casualties that had come from the employees of CODE enterprises Hyun Bin was CEO of, despite his previous arguments that the game should have been put on hold for a while back then to fix the error before it could have pursued its victims. Nobody had believed his words and explanations that the game had become dangerous when he himself had discovered that the game was the reason why several people had died. His employees and some of his friends had viewed him as a lunatic and that he had been hallucinating. The cause of their deaths could not have been because of some game, that was their perspective, until they had been show how aggressive the game was and how the bug that had been planted inside the server must be eliminated at all costs to prevent more casualties from circulating around the players. It had taken 2 years and a half to convince the employees of CODE enterprises that the event release of the game must be postponed in order to remove the bugs and fix the game up.

As the warriors were closing in on them with their weapons raised towards them, Hyun Bin had pushed Soojung behind him to shield her as he pulled out a sword made of strong iron, carved with black onyx stone and rock, swinging it around and tightening his grip on it as the NPC fighters keep on closing, feeling strings of electricity powering him up with the contact lens as he growls ferociously and attacks them with a hard swing of the wielded sword, cutting down fighter after fighter, the humid air of Italy squeezing the life out of his lungs as he pitches forward and drops down, dodging bullets after countless bullets, swords after swords but barely missing an inch of his head.