Above the Water

The blue ocean waves rush into the beach, gliding through the surface smoothly with the breeze of the wind, soaking the dry sands wet. The clear waters sparkled beneath the setting sun as the moon and stars prepare themselves to appear into the darkening periwinkle sky. Visitors of the beach, mostly consisted of loved-up couples, were enjoying amongst themselves, diving into the salty water together or taking a stroll with their hands interlinked and in their own little world, not paying heed to anybody else as they continue to side-eye each other lovingly. There were laughters and shouts shared among the present children, building sandcastles together before destroying each of their opponent's humble abode, causing them to get chased around with water guns being shot at them as the atmosphere grows to be lively and energetic.

Several miles away from the beach, away from the noisy crowd, lay a house.

In the house overlooking the ocean lived Jung Chaerin, a young, wealthy woman in the age of 30

In the house overlooking the ocean lived Jung Chaerin, a young, wealthy woman in the age of 30. Chaerin was a soft-hearted woman with dark brown hair, brown eyes and delicate skin. She had the dream job, the money and the looks. The only object she was lacking was real love.

During her life, Chaerin had been devoid of money and she had to endure all the sufferings and hardships she had dealt with from different sorts of people. She had earned her wealth from becoming the creator of a cosmetics and skincare line, owning a company that had started small and had gotten so much big and successful due to the products she had came up with and shared with the employees along with great suggestions coming from them had been the real reason of her success in the world. Her past friends who turned out to be backstabbers, her former boyfriends who have been using her for her wealth and have been cheating behind her back and her so-called family, who have done nothing but try to rob her from the life she worked so hard for to earn it. No one had supported nor comfort her when she had especially needed her family the most. Their ignorance and blind eye towards Chaerin in her worst moments and darkest of times had made her understand that the people she knew would only come to her for their own pleasures and needs, ignoring the fact that what they are doing would hurt her feeling's. Even some have had shamelessly and openly asked her to give them the things that they desired and if she had rejected them, they would start yelling obscenities and curse at her for being selfish and greedy when it had actually been the opposite. They were too greedy, too selfish and too ignorant to think that Chaerin would provide them with everything lavish and expensive. Chaerin never had the time or thought to buy something for herself as all she had done was being considerate and selfless to the people who turned out to be traitors in the end. And because of the rudeness and the way they had manipulated the poor naive girl, she suffered beneath their dirty hands in order for them to get their selfish needs fulfilled.

The time had arrived when Chaerin had appeared to be done with the toxic people who claim to love her when beneath their false facade, they only loved her money and wealth, not the woman herself. But Chaerin had finally triumphed over them after she had exposed their deceitful lies and behaviors, and she had felt the weight that she had been carrying around for years had finally been removed. So she had driven away happily in her silver Mercedes AMG GT, shunning the remains of the people who had been using her out of her life.