Que Sopresa

To Lucy's surprise, Jess had decided to stay in town a little longer. Luke found it in his heart to forgive him for being such a dick, no surprise there.

Some people weren't a fan of it. Specifically Taylor.

Jess continued to work on his car and Lucy encouraged him to pick up writing when he could.

"Come on. You have to write a novel. And when you do I want to be the first one to read it."

"Ah no," he said not giving it any thought, "Theres no way. I don't want any critics just yet." He said as he sat in front of her with a basket of fries.

"I wouldn't critique." She said;taking an earbud out to explain, "All I'm saying is that I would be there to read it and enjoy it." She smiled sweetly.

Jess ate a fry as he looked at her before slowly shaking his head no.

She sighed "You're going to change your mind." She insisted.

"I'm really not." He smield as he hunched over to eat some more fries. Lucy rolled her eyes and sat back in her diner seat before hearing the bell ring.

The humanity in her was curious enough to see who walked in whenever it rang.

She paled when she saw it was Dean. She looked down quickly and shoved her homeless earbud back into her ear where it belonged.

Jess looked up at her, noticing. "Ignoring me now?" He joked. "Okay, I'll let you read the book." He chuckled. He saw she wasn't laughing as she continued to pick at her food.

He turned his head over his shoulder slightly and saw Dean.

His eyes slowly traced back to Lucy's form growing smaller in her seat. He swallowed his mouthful of fries before clearing his throat. "Needing escapism?"

Lucy didn't reply, and turned up her music.

He pulled her earbud out and held it away from her, just like he used to years ago. "Hey." He said gently, "What's wrong?"

She tried reaching for it, him pulling away immediately. He was holding it up to his own ear as he listened. He frowned slightly. "This is my playlist." He said looking at her.

Lucy bit her lip hard. She stole her earbud back and put it in as she saw Dean walking to the counter to order. She could see Luke getting ready to say something with the glare in his eye but she quickly shook her head no. Luke noticed her and gave a resentful sigh before taking out his notepad.

"What can I get you, Dean." He said almost through his teeth. Dean looked at him suspiciously, "Um.. just a hamburger and some fries, to go." He added quickly. He scoped the diner absentmindedly, and then noticed Lucy. He stopped. "Y-you know? Never mind." He said as he stared at her before quickly leaving the diner.

Lucy looked down and rubbed her head. Jess stares at her and tries figuring what that exchange was about. He snapped his fingers "Oh my gosh! You're totally sleeping with him aren't you??" He exclaimed halfway before she quickly pulled his arms to shut him up, "Jess-no-"

"It makes so much sense," he smiled as he whispered, "While I was away you and him hooked up didn't you?" He chuckled. "Dang, I never thought you would." He laughed.

Lucy looked down at her eyes getting red and irritated. Jess stopped slowly, "Lucy?"

She immediately got up and hurried out. Jess stood up and went to get her but stopped. What did he do wrong?

He looked at Luke and went up to him, "What was that all about?" He asked. Luke sighed and continued cleaning. "Luke I don't like being left in the dark." He said firmly.

"Neither did she." He retorted before leaving to take someone's order.

Jess scoffed and stood there speechless