Can You Help Her

Jess sighed as he went through the town to get his car fixed. He sighed softly and looked down. Why was he so torn about leaving. Every time he thought he was done with this town - and there had been plenty - he was always stopped when he saw Lucy.

He knew something was wrong with her but he couldn't push her; only knowing that he hated when someone did that to him. Always.

He walked up to the diner and looked at Luke from across at the kitchen. Luke looked up at him looking in a stance almost as if he were ready to fight anything Jess had to say.

Jesse looked down briefly; inhaling slightly before biting his lip hard. Luke frowned slightly seeing this was something completely different.

"Can you help her." He said.

Luke nodded before biting his lip and nodded.

________

Lucy walked into the diner her headphones in and walking into a table in the back. She looked up noticing it was quiet. She looked around the empty diner in confusion. She looked around before seeing Luke walk inside with Dean.

She immediately got up ready to bolt.

"Hold up-" Luke said.

"Lucy please-" Dean said.

Lucy stopped and looked at the both of them. First off she had felt so betrayed by Luke for even bringing this up.

And just seeing Dean was so embarrassing for her.

"I'm going to be right here," Luke assured her, "And I'm not going anywhere. But I think.. that you two really need to talk.."

Lucy looked at him and watched him carefully as he sat behind the counter. She bit her lip hard before finally giving Dean eye contact.

Dean looked at her before carefully sitting down at the middle table of the diner. She slowly and reluctantly joined him before looking down at the table.

As she stared at the tabletop Dean took the opportunity to speak, "I know you probably hate me right now-"

"I don't hate you.." she spoke barely above a whisper.

He paused before continuing, "What happened.. shouldn't have happened. And I apologize..I know I hurt you and -and that was the last thing I ever wanted to do- to anyone- especially you." He said making sure to choose every word carefully. He looked down. "..I've been trying to talk to you about it but now that I'm here, I honestly have no idea how to move on from this.. except to say that I'm so sorry.."

"You don't have to apologize Dean, I did it too." She stopped him.

"But I didn't stop it-"

"-Neither did I." Her voice slightly raised before she quickly exhaled and looked down. "You don't have to be sorry Dean.. I chose just as much as you had.." she rubbed her head hating having to talk about this out loud. Why couldn't they be in a world where they could just speak telepathically like In the movies.

"I don't blame you. I never blamed you." She sighed.

"But the bookstore.. everytime I tried talking to you.." he said confused.

"Was me running away from myself." She looked up at him. "Dean." She sighed, "I realize you and I are actually very similar. I realized it that night actually." She covered her eyes momentarily. "Always running after the person who keeps running after something else." She let her hands rest at table, "I've let everything that has happened to me in my life, happen." She said carefully trying to stay calm. "My dad.." she cleared her throat, "I let him continue to do that.. I let him.. treat me like that -I lied for him-" she caught her breathe, "And you.. I did the same. I let you do that and I lied for you—"