Chapter Five

Recap

And then I realize that I'm stuck here. I'm gonna have to find another way home. Oh God, why is this happening to me!

It's no use staying here to complain. The sun is setting soon and I don't want to know what other creatures there are in this world.

So I turn around and head back towards the Inn.

At least Mace will be happy to see me again.

One year later

(Just imagine Arabella in this outfit.)

I stare at the deer about twenty feet in front of me

I quietly take an arrow from my quiver and aim towards the deer with my bow.

'Thump' I hear, as the deer hits the ground with my arrow through it's head.

It's been a year since I've been stuck in this world of monsters and sorcerers. Mace had to explain to me over the past months about this world that my world doesn't have.

And yes, I told Mace where I was originally from. He's like a father to me and the only friend I've ever made here.

I also told him about the dreams I've been having of the golden eyes I see every night. He was just as confused as I was so my answers about my dreams remain unexplained.

He didn't believe me at first that I was from another world until I showed him my phone. I always have it with me because it's the only thing that I have that reminds me of home.

Ever since Mace told me that sorcerers exist, it gave me hope that I can still go back to New York.

I haven't met one yet because I was told that they work for royalty, and the closest kingdom from here with a sorcerer is at Cintra.

Cintra is a good two week journey from here in Lyria. The farthest I traveled too was Rivia, which is a small kingdom to the left of Lyria, but I've only been there once for a business trade I did for Mace because he was sick. 

At this point I'm really home sick. I miss hot showers the most.

I take the arrow out of the deers head and pick up the animal carrying it on my back and start to head towards the Inn.

About six months ago I decided to start training myself with archery and practice some of my martial arts as well.

I used to take self defense and fighting classes when I was a kid, which I'm really glad I did. Emphasis on the really.

Sometimes I would have unwanted encounters with not only monsters, but the worst kind of pervy men.

That's why I decided to train because there's no way that I'm gonna die without seeing my beloved city again.