Chapter Eleven

Recap

"Magic doesn't work on me. Silver does though." Renfri says as she shoves Arabella to the ground beside her, lifting her sword at Geralt ready to fight.

Arabella's POV

That bitch!

I get up and rub off the dirt on my clothes.

Ever since she kidnapped me, she took my weapons and locked me in a room. She held me there for hours. I didn't know what was going on until I saw Geralt. She was using me as leverage. The real question is why me? I barely know the witcher!

A frustrated sigh left my lips as I follow the sounds of swords clanking together. I'm better than this. I shouldn't have let her get to me like that.

My thoughts were interrupted when I rounded the corner of a building seeing Geralt and Renfri spar in the middle of the village. The witcher was able to snatch Renfri's sword off of her and threw it to the ground a few feet away from me.

Might as well join.

I pick up the sword, but before I was able to attack, Renfri tries to stab Geralt, but ended up being pierced through the neck with her own dagger.

Renfri looks defeated as she moves her eyes away from the witcher's to look at me.

Still speaking to Geralt, she says "The girl in the woods is your destiny, as well as the woman not of this world." She looks back at the white haired man. Life left her body and Geralt closed her eyes setting her gently to the ground. His face looking defeated as well.

He looked up from Renfri's body and meets my eyes. Our staring contest was interrupted by Stragebor entering the bloody scene. He looks at the lifeless body of the woman he wanted dead for so long.

"Incredible." He sounds surprised.

He turned away from the body, and began to shout for Marilka.

"Get the cart, we'll take her to the tower for an autopsy." He said urgently.

He turned back around towards the body to collect it but is stopped by the tip of a sword to his neck.

"If you touch a single hair on her head... yours will be on the ground next." Geralt threatened.

"But her mutation. It influences people." The sorcerer raised his eyes in realization. "She got to you too didn't she."

I'm standing next to Geralt not saying anything out of nervousness. Hearing Stragebor say that about Geralt made me feel... wierd.

My mind is interrupted by the town's people of Blaviken surrounding us. Stragebor then mentions that the witcher was the one who butchered the bodies.

This isn't good. Dead people equals angry mob.

I walk up to Geralt. "We need to leave." I whispered a little worried.

He looks back at me about to speak  when a rock was suddenly thrown at his head.

The people of Blaviken began to shout at the witcher cursing him and stoning him. Because I'm standing right next to him, I get pelted a few times. (Which Geralt did not like at all.)

"You made a choice." Stragebor said with hatred in his voice.

I ignore the evil witch and put my hand on Geralt's shoulder to comfort him.

"Let's go." I said while giving the death stare towards Stragebor.

Geralt nods agreeing with me and turns around with a stern expression on his face. The village people saw this and immediately stops the rock and verbal abuse. Seeing the instant change of the mood in the crowd shocks me. Maybe it's because they don't want to end up like their fellow dead Blavikens. Yea, that's probably it.

Me and Geralt walk through the towns people and eventually make our way to the edge of the large village. No one is around us... it's just us two right now. My decision from when before Renfri took me crawls it's way back into my mind. My plan on being a nonmutant witcher. And I don't think the actual witcher here wants me to travel with him. He works alone. I get it. And so do I, starting now.

I then stop walking and Geralt turns to me confused.

"I'm going back to get my weapons. This is goodbye Geralt." I say with a small smile.

"Hmm." He hums, and then smirks at me.

"Don't get kidnapped." He says.

I gasp. Is this guy cracking a joke!?

I chuckle and give him another smile."I don't plan on it."

And with that we part ways with my mind on my first move as an official unofficial nonmutant witcher. I'll just call myself a monster hunter instead. Or maybe assassin hunter? I dont know, but I'll figure the naming part out later.

As I make my way back into Blaviken, I make a checklist in my mind.

First, I'm going to get my stuff back. Second, I'm gonna get the hell out of Blaviken. And third, I'm gonna buy my own damn horse!

Short chapter I know, I just thought it was a good stopping point cause it's the end of episode one

Short chapter I know, I just thought it was a good stopping point cause it's the end of episode one. And yay she gets a horse! Also, I can't believe this book has almost 3k reads! 🎉