Chapter Fifteen

Recap

I hear something behind me and turn around alarmed, but before I'm able to react, I see black.

One hour later

Ugh my head hurts. What happened? Oh yea I remember, we were fighting that ugly sylvan when... shit!

I snap my eyes open and look around to find myself in a tunnel inside a hill? This must be that goat's hideout.

I try to get up, but can't move. Of course they restrained me. No wonder why my wrists feel like they are about to pop.

"Where's my lute?!" I hear Jaskier to my right. I can't see him because me, him, and Geralt are all back to back tied together with ropes.

"That's what your worried about now?" I questioned him. We obviously have been kidnapped and his priority goes straight to the lute.

I then hear grunting to my left and feel Geralt struggling to get out of his binds.

"This is the part where we escape." The bard whispers.

"This is the part where they kill us." The witcher seethed.

Right after he said that, he gets kicked in the head. Its hard to see who kicked him because I'm facing the wall.

"Wait a minute, that's my lute! Geralt do your witchery thingy." The bard yells.

"Shut up!" The witcher says still struggling to get free.

I'm trying to stay quiet and calm and stay unnoticed. I've already been kidnapped today, and it would be nice not to get beat up at the moment.

The woman still decides to beat the witcher and the bard, cursing at them. She realizes that I'm not getting the fair share of the abuse, and decides to kick me in the gut.

"Shit." I winced.

"Don't touch her." Geralt looked about ready to kill.

The woman turns to him and cradles his face to make him look at her. "And why would I listen to you?" She grunted. This gave him the perfect opportunity to head butt her and she falls to the ground coughing.

"What's wrong with her?" I ask.

"She's sick." A man elve says entering the room with the sylvan.

"Who's this?" Jaskier asks confused.

The goat man speaks up and replies. "He's Filavandrel, King of the Elves."

What is a king doing in a tunnel? Shouldn't kings live in palaces and do fancy things and whatnot?

"Not a king. Not by choice." The man said.

"You were stealing for them." Geralt said to Torque.

The sylvan turned away from his coughing elve friend to look at the witcher. "I felt for them. They were forced out of Dol Blathanna."

They then continue to converse while I silently try to break free from the ropes.  I think I can reach my knife that I hide in the back of my pants. I try to make my movements subtle so I won't look suspicious, and I finally grab the sharp object. Once I grab it, I slowly start to cut away.

The witcher is still conversing to the elves and suddenly feels my hand bump into his. He realizes what I am doing, and tries not to smirk, knowing that he will get us in big trouble if he does that.

The elve king kept talking about his people being slaughtered. "If my people leave this mountain right now the humans will make slaves of us!" He yells.

"Then go somewhere else. Rebuild. Get strong again. Show the humans that you are more than what they fear you to be." The witcher encouraged.

I don't think I've ever heard him speak this much before. In fact, I didn't think he was capable to say more the three words as well as care for others. A small smile reaches my face. What is this feeling? Is it pride?

I then finish cutting through my restraints and start to cut his.

The woman elve gets up from the ground and speaks to the king. "Let us take back what's ours. Starting with them." She says gesturing towards us.

Hearing that made me cut faster on Geralt's ropes. If I can't free the witcher on time, then it's three against one. Which I'm completely fine with, I just prefer to have the witchers help to make things easier.

The king took out his dagger, but Torque stopped him. "Wait! They could've killed me, but they didn't. They are different. Like us."

The elve shrugs off the goat man and continues forward getting closer to the witcher.

Geralt stops my cutting and gently grabs my hand and holds it. Why would he stop me? I was almost done.

"If you must kill me..... then I am ready." He says.

Umm.... what the fuck!?

Good news everyone! I got tickets to see BTS and I got floor seats! 🎉

I also can't believe that this book has over 7k reads?! Like Wtf?? Updates will continue either everyday, or every other day. It depend on my mood lol. See y'all next chapter💜

Next Chapter: Saturday Feb 8th