Chapter Ninteen

Recap

Curious on what he would say, I ask. "Then what am I? Geralt."

His eyes met mine and with no hesitation he answers.

"Someone special to me."

Hearing him say that shocked me. It's unlike him to say something like that, but I can't help but feel the same way towards him.

He may seem harsh and emotionless most times, but I feel that he's like that for a reason. He's a good man deep down through that hard exterior of his and the more I'm with him, the more I see that wonderful side of him.

Geez Arabella, pull yourself together. I admit that I care for the man, but it's not like I like him romantically.... or do I?

I blush a little and look to my left trying to hide my face with my hair. "We should probably go. I'm pretty sure Roach misses you."

"No. I'm not leaving just yet." He said.

Confused, I furrow my eyebrows. "Didn't the king just tell us to leave though?" I questioned.

"Hmm."

I sighed. There he goes again with the humming.

Later in the evening

Me and Geralt are currently hiding out behind a wall of vines. We're looking at two guards standing at the entrance of the castle that holds the cursed princess.

"You were both told to leave Temeria." A familiar women's voice says.

I turn around to see Triss coming towards us while Geralt keeps his eyes on the guards.

"But come on." He turns around to look at me still talking to Triss. "These views."

I gulped. I don't know if he was referring to the castle or me, but if it was towards me, then I would give him an A+ on pick up lines.

He turns to stare at the soldiers again while I try to keep my breathing normal.

"Are you going to kill her?" Triss asked.

"Killing would be the last resort to this problem. We plan to fix her, like you asked." I replied.

The sorceress didn't indulge any further on why we didn't actually leave Temeria. She's just glad that we still want to help, even when the king doesn't want it.

"Im sure someone as legendary as you both has figured out several ways to get past Segelin's guards." Triss commented.

Without anything to say, the witcher picks up a good sized rock the shape of a tennis ball and threw it past the soldiers making them leave their posts.

I can't believe that actually worked... am I in a video game or something?

We easily snuck into the building and followed Triss to the princess's room.

The deeper we got into the castle, the more remains and bones of the people of Temeria we see.

I scrunch my face with disgust on how much this cursed striga has feasted over the years.

Once we made it to princess Adda's bedroom, we decided to spread out and look for clues or information of any kind to help us cure the girl.

Her room is a mess of course, but Triss was able to find some letters hidden in a music box.

"From Queen Sancia, Foltest and Adda's mother." She reads.

At Triss's workplace

After finding out about the affair in the letter we read, we took the papers and met up with Ostrit. A man in the king's court that has worked with him for years.

"A queen's mother cursing her own children for their affair. This could destroy the throne." The man said as he set the papers down onto the table in front of him.

"Sencia wanted to get rid of the child." Said the witcher.

I continued on. "It seems she refused. Repeatedly."

Ostrit looked back down at the letters thinking. "And now she took that curse with her to the grave."

"You served the family for decades. Was Sencia involved in dark sorcery in any kind?" Triss asked.

"Of course not." He turns to look at the Sorceress.

I have a gut feeling that Ostrit is hiding something. Who knows...  it's probably nothing.

Geralt spoke up again. "What was your relationship to Adda?"

He looks down, remembering his times with Adda. "I like to think that she saw me as a confidant. Protector, even. She could be very naive at times."

"She ever mentioned her brother?" Asked the witcher.

"Certainly not like this." He gestures to the letters on the table.

"She was ashamed." I said.

"Or she was frightened. What if the relationship was not.... consensual?" He turned back towards us.

"You think he raped Adda, then cursed the child to cover it up?" I asked him.

His eyes met mine answering. "Well, kings have done more for less."

Somethings not right. I feel like this guy is actually hiding something for real.

"True." Geralt sighs. "There's only one wrinkle though."

He pushes himself off the wall he was leaning on beside me and walked up to Ostrit.

"Your scent was on her sheets."

Next Chapter: Tuesday Feb 18th