Cute-Michemily

DESCRIPTION: It's the little things about Michelle that make Emily smile.
WHAT TO READ: N/A
DATE PUBLISHED: 14/04/20

Emily was always one to take notice of the small things in life, so when she and Michelle started to work together and feelings started to develop, Emily couldn't help but take notice of Michelle's like quirks.

She noticed the first day the two had opened 'Shakes and Ladders' that Michelle would constantly readjust the uniform throughout the day. Assuming that the uniform might have been uncomfortable Emily confronted Michelle, but it turned out not to be the uniform's fault, so Emily ignored what had happened during the day. It wasn't until Michelle and Emily became studio heads that Emily took notice of how often Michelle would fidget with her clothing. It was cute to see, however, Emily knew it was more of a coping mechanism for all the pressure Michelle was under rather than something cutesy.

Another thing Emily took time to appreciate was Michelle's hair flip. All those years ago when the two had been on A-Troupe together, Emily assumed it was a way for Michelle to show off – but when the two started to run A-Troupe together and the hair flips kept coming, Emily knew it was something Michelle was doing off of instinct and would often find herself smiling whenever Michelle would play with her hair.

Michelle also had the tendency to use her hands to emote her feelings whenever talking to the team. Emily had always known that Michelle had a hard time expressing her feelings and took on board her hands as a way of expressing feelings she could not convey through facial expressions or the tone of her voice.

All these things made Emily fall more and more for Michelle each time these little things happened. But these little things started to become more important as Michelle started to use them towards Emily.

It had started when Michelle started fidgeting with her clothes whenever she spoke to Emily. Knowing this was a calming method for Michelle, Emily started to wonder what was so nerve-wracking about talking to her.

But then it kept happening. And it wasn't just the fidgeting of the clothes.

It started to become the playing of the hair and the use of hands whenever the two would talk one-on-one, something that never used to happen.

It was these things that started to make Emily think that something was up with Michelle, and she planned to get to the bottom of it.

---

"Can you just stop."

Emily had had enough of watching Michelle waltz around these motions every time she was with her. How were the two supposed to work productively together if they were "scared" to be around each other?

"Stop what?" Of course in the moment, Emily had thought Michelle was acting innocent as if she didn't know what she was doing, but it still annoyed her to no end.

"The fidgeting and shuffling when you're around me."

Michelle huffed and crossed her arms. Why were her habits such an issue for her co-worker? "What's it got to do with you?"

"Well clearly you do it because, for some weird reason, I intimidate you."

Was she for real, Michelle thought? Had she really gotten the wrong message out of Michelle's interactions?

"Well, you are on the opposite end of the scale."

"What do you mean?" This time Emily crossed her arms, once again fed-up with Michelle beating-around-the-bush.

"I'm not scared of you," Michelle erupted, before whispering, "quiet the opposite actually."

"And what would be the oppose---" Before Emily could even finish her question, she had connected the dots.

Michelle wasn't scared of her, she liked her.

"Oh."

"Yeah, oh." Michelle uncrossed her arms letting out a laugh. "What do you have to say for yourself?"

"I'm sorry?"

What else was Emily expected to say...or do? Technically she had done nothing wrong.

"Come here."

Oh...so she was forgiven?

Those lips definitely feel forgiving, Emily thought as she melted into the kiss she had been waiting a long time for.

That was a movement (a shuffle) of a feeling: love.

That was a taste of reward, not fear.

a/n I apologies for the rushed ending, I just had no idea how to end this one shot. But good thing is, I have kind of left it open for a second part.

Let me know if you'd be interested in a second part or a different couple in the comments and I'll see you next week.