Good Luck-Westaniel

DESCRIPTION: The night before him and Eldon are due to face off in the solo round, Daniel meets with West.
WHAT TO READ: N/A
DATE PUBLISHED: 11/08/20

He sits by the pool, toes dipped in the cool water as the moon above shines down reflecting him.

"Daniel?"

He hears his name and  turns his head to see behind him, where he sees West. While the two had gotten together before Daniel had left The Next Step, they tried to catch up as often as they could. Even in the middle of the night at the hotel where all the Nationals teams were staying.

West sits next to him also dipping his feet into the water, shivering at the water. "That's cold!"

Daniel laughs at his boyfriend's comment. No matter the situation, he always knew how to lighten the mood.

"So..." West says looking over at the boy next to him. "You compete tomorrow."

"Yeah."

Although the two were grateful that both of their teams had made it Nationals, it was bittersweet that their teams had to face each other in the first round. One of them was going home.

"I'm sure you'll do great."

West was the one person Daniel had felt comfortable confiding in about his feelings of Eldon being a better dancer than him, so he knew now more than ever that he would need the confidence boost.

"Yeah. But not enough to beat Eldon." Daniel kicked the water gently as he thought about when he last lost a solo to Eldon.

"Did you know that tea was discovered by Chinese emperor Shennong in 2737 B.C?"

"Excuse me?" Trust West to take Daniel's mind off of the impending conversation.

"Or, that Cheetahs have the fastest land speed of any living animal?"

"Stop it." Daniel says playfully pushing West.

"So are we good now?"

Daniel nodded. His mind was far away from his battle with Eldon tomorrow and more focused on the guy he loved sitting in front of him.

"Thank you."

"Anytime." West then leans over and kisses his boyfriend. A good luck kiss for what was to come tomorrow, because even if their teams were going head-to-head, he was still going to support Daniel no matter what.

"I've gotta head back upstairs 'cause I told the boys that I'd only be a second, but I love you."

"I love you too."

And with one last kiss, West gone, leaving Daniel to sit by the pool on his own basking in the thought of seeing his boyfriend once this was all over.