My Valentine-Lingston

DESCRIPTION: It's Valentine's Day at The Next Step, and Kingston surprises Lily in a funny little way.
WHAT TO READ: n/a
DATE PUBLISHED: 18/08/20

It was Valentine's Day and A-Troupe were in Studio A getting ready to rehearse for Nationals.

Over on one side of the studio Lily noticed Piper and Finn, who appeared to be too busy with each other to take notice of any one else around them.

But they weren't the only ones.

Henry and Amy were sitting and laughing together, apparently laughing at a video of one of their phones - or Lily assumed so.

And then there was Ozzy. He was trying to impress Richelle, and while in the past Lily knew it wouldn't work, Richelle had her attention fully on Ozzy who was dancing around - this made both Richelle and Lily laugh.

But while Lily watched all the couples within the room, she couldn't help but notice the presence of her own boyfriend - Kingston.

He had messaged her to say he'd be a little bit late, but it had almost been 10 minutes since the rest of the team had arrived and he still wasn't.

Sighing, Lily went to turn back to the ballet barr she was currently using, when booming footsteps and runners skidding against the dance floor forced her to turn back around.

She yelped.

Directly in front of her was her boyfriend - out of breath.

"H-happy Valentine's Day." Kingston struggled to get out, before he moved his arms from behind his back to reveal a box wrapped in aqua wrapping paper - Lily's favourite colour.

Apparently Kingston's commotion had been noticed by the rest of A-Troupe and they now stood around the couple watching in anticipation to see what the gift was.

Lily took it in her hands, overlooking the object. Though a little bit skeptical at first, Lily decided to tear off the wrapping paper and what she saw underneath shocked her.

"Kingston!"

Underneath the wrapping paper had been a framed photo of them. But instead of picking a nice photo, Kingston had picked one of the pair fighting. One of the others must have taken it, Lily thought to herself.

"Why this photo though?"

"Because it's my best side, duh!"

This provoked Lily to lightly shove Kingston, who laughed at his girlfriends actions.

"No. I just thought that if you're ever feeling too in love with me, you can just look at this photo."

"Oh, ha ha." Lily sarcastically said, still taking in the effort Kingston had put in to a silly little day like Valentine's Day - especially since the two had only been dating (on-and-off) for about six months now.

But apparently Kingston wasn't done with his speech just yet. 

"Yeah. I mean, at least you can look at this photo and think: 'if I'm mad at Kingston, my dancing will be really good.'"

That had been a superstition between the two for some time now - that they only danced well when they were mad with each other. The fact that Kingston had remembered that and picked that as inspiration for the Valentine's gift made Lily happy to say he was her's.

"Happy Valentine's Day, babe." He said, and the rest of the team (who had still been standing there) knew to disperse.

"I love you." She told him before pulling him into a kiss - the photo frame still in her hands.

When they finally pulled apart, Kingston was able to reply. "I love you too."

God she really did love her boyfriend, Lily thought to herself.

Best Valentine's Day ever!