Finals-Pinn

DESCRIPTION: After making it to the finals of Dancemania, Piper and Finn sit down and talk.

WHAT TO READ: N/A
DATE PUBLISHED: 11/08/20

"Hey," Piper said sitting next to Finn, who sat in the crowd overlooking an empty Dancemania stage. "Thanks for before."

Finn looked up at his girlfriend and smiled, before offering her a seat. "It was nothing."

But in Piper's mind it was something really important, something that took her back to that day at Regionals where she didn't land her aerial.

"Do you remember Regionals, when I didn't land my aerial and I made the team drop out of the top 3?"

Finn turned his head to look at Piper with a serious look on his face. "You've got to stop beating yourself up about it. It's in the past."

Piper couldn't help but let out a little giggle for the misunderstanding, the laugh putting a frown on Finn's face. "I'm not talking about that, silly. Remember when you sang Fruity Moons?"

A look of realisation crossed Finn's face before he turned red in the face. "Yep. I remember."

Piper grabbed Finn's hand reassuring him everything was fine before she continued. "I think your starting to make it a tradition."

"What do you mean?" Finn asked, oblivious to the connection Piper was trying to make.

"Serenading me with a song."

Finn coughed out of surprise. How had he not noticed that when him and Ozzy were planning the big "Win Piper Back" gesture?

Piper pressed into her boyfriends' side giving a little laugh. "I wouldn't mind."

Finn turned to look at Piper, who was now resting on his shoulder. "And why's that?"

Piper shuffled a little bit before explaining. "Well, it helps with my anxiety." Finn pulled Piper closer before she continued. "At Regionals, I was stressing out about letting the team down, but your song and dance calmed me down – knowing that you didn't put the blame on me for the low score."

"And tonight?"

"Tonight let me know not to worry about tomorrow. Because no matter what happens tomorrow, win or lose, I'll always have you."

Finn nodded. "I'm glad you know that. Wherever you are, so am I."

"Thank you." Piper then reached up and placed her other hand on Finn's cheek delicately. "I love you."

"I love you too."

Piper laughed, "I know." And then she kissed him, with so much passion it was as if the two hadn't kissed for days – as if they both forgot about the kiss earlier in the night.

"Hey! Lovebirds!" A voice shouted from the bottom of the seating area, forcing Piper and Finn apart. "Team meeting in the foyer, don't be long."

"Thanks Heath!" Finn shouted back down as he watched his teammate walk out of the room. "What do you say?" Finn started standing up before reaching out his hand to his girlfriend. "Shall we head to that team meeting?"

"We shall," Piper laughed taking her boyfriends hand who pulled her up from her seat and down the stairs towards the exit.

Piper knew everything was going to be fine. As long as Finn kept singing for her, everything would always be alright.