Only You-Henoah

DESCRIPTION: Noah get's an offer to tour with Chloe's ballet company, but what's holding him back and why's Henry so worried? (Season 6 AU)
WHAT TO READ: Book 2: The Reason Why
DATE PUBLISHED: 19/08/20

Noah had told Henry about the offer and while his boyfriend had pushed him to take the audition, something didn't sit right.

Henry had been acting gloomier, avoiding Noah as much as he could - even if it meant talking to Ozzy about Richelle.

He had thought Henry was okay with him eventually leaving The Next Step - after all, he was the one to tell Noah to take the offer in the first place.

But every time Noah went to talk to Henry about his troubles, he'd tell Noah he had something important to do; once even saying he had to feed his chicken (but Noah knew for a fact that his boyfriend did not have a pet, let alone a chicken).

So he sat on one of the benches waiting for Henry to come through so they could finally talk.

First to come through the door were Jacquie and Richelle, they said a quick hello to Noah before grabbing their things out of their locker as they continued to talk about lyrical eyebrows. Noah laughed knowing that Richelle had no idea she had lyrical eyebrows and was now pestering her best friend to figure out how often she'd used them - sometimes going as far as to cut in front of Noah to ask team mates if they had noticed.

Next into the room was Amy. Noah expected Henry to follow in behind her but he looked behind and saw no one else.

"Have you seen Henry?"

"No. Sorry." Amy said before turning back to close her locker and leave the room to head to Acro Nation rehearsals.

Then Finn and Piper came through the door. Noah always saw the two together and often found himself wondering if there was something between them. Their soft touches as they entered the room and the laugh coming from Piper after Finn must've done something heightened his suspicions. And without a glance at Noah, the pair had walked out the door, Finn carrying both of their bags.

And just when Noah had given up hope and was about to get up to head to Studio A, his boyfriend walked through the door.

"Henry!"

Henry looked up from his phone and tried to hide his reaction. "Hi?"

Noah patted the spare spot next to him on the bench and Henry reluctantly sat down, looking at anything but Noah.

"What's wrong?" Noah asked, and it was only then that Henry looked at him.

"What do you mean?"

"Somethings been wrong, ever since I accepted that audition."

Henry sighed before telling his boyfriend the truth. "I'm worried."

"About what?"

It was at times like this that Henry thought his boyfriend was absolutely oblivious - he could play the game too.

"How long are you going to be gone?"

Noah had to think that through. While Chloe had never given him exact dates, he had somewhat of an idea of how long he would be touring - if he got the role.

"Eight months?"

"And how many people would you say will be in the ensemble?"

Noah had to think back to when he saw Robin Hood on stage years before. How many had actually been on the stage?

"I don't know. 100? 200?"

"Right, so like a 50/50 chance."

Noah was confused by what his boyfriend was going on about. A 50/50 chance of what?

"Huh?"

Henry looked up at the roof, as if doing the calculations in his head. 

"It's probable that there is a 50% chance that you will fall for someone on that tour and leave me for them."

"Excuse me?"

How could Henry ever think Noah would leave him. He was the only one.

"Well, you know how long distance relationships go...they don't."

Noah couldn't believe what he was hearing. Considering his boyfriend knew how hard he had to hold back from dating him, he couldn't believe Henry would be saying something like this.

"I've done the calculations," Noah said taking Henry's hand in his. "And there is a zero percent chance that I will ever find anyone better than you...even if I am on the other side of the world."

This made Henry smile, and his worries slowly started to wash away. Noah wasn't going to leave him - things would be fine.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For avoiding you. Because I'm a dummy."

Noah laughed. "You are not a dummy."

"You're right." Noah smiled. Of course he was right - his boyfriend wasn't dumb. "I'm just a fool in love."

Noah's ears perked up at the comment before he spoke. "I love you too."

He had wanted, for so long, to say those words - he was just worried that Henry didn't feel the same way...but he did, maybe even this whole time Noah had been questioning it.

"You are the only one for me. Trust me."

Henry nodded, moving closer to his boyfriend. "Okay." He softly kissed his boyfriend's lips before standing up and offering a hand. "Come on, let's get to rehearsal."

As it had turned out, Henry and Noah had nothing to worry about. Their love was strong enough to cross seas and survive possibly eight months without physically seeing each other. But it'd be worth it in the long run.