Dreams-Noaquie

DESCRIPTION: Noah gets the offer of a lifetime and must decide whether to take the leap and what might happen to him and Jacquie...

WHAT TO READ: N/A

DATE PUBLISHED: 10/08/20

A/N Hey guys. Sorry it has taken me so long to update, Corona Virus got me in a bit of a funk. But I figured since I'm back in lockdown, I'll get motivated and write something. My writing will be a little off for the first couple of one shots because I haven't written anything for so long, but hopefully over time that will improve. Enjoy this chapter and don't forget to comment which couples you want to see me write about next!

Noah's POV

I've always had this plan, that one day I'd be able to perform worldwide and entertain people by dancing. Now this dream is closer than I could've ever imagined.
Chloe's offer has been lingering in my mind for a while now – but it shouldn't right now, I'm at regionals with A-Troupe. I shouldn't be thinking about my future.
Except I am.
I haven't talked to Jacquie about my offer yet. I'm worried if I tell her, she'll tell me to go. If I go though, I'll have to break up with her. Any ties to The Next Step would just stop me from pursuing my dreams. And I know that sounds mean, but Jacquie is the one thing holding me back from leaving.
I have to tell her. She needs to know.

I tell her about the offer, and I guessed right – she pushed my into saying yes, even though she knows the consequences. She knows I'll to leave The Next Step and her, yet she pushes me to take the offer. It makes me feel like I'm good enough.
And now that I've told her, I have to tell Emily, Michelle and the team – which may be harder than telling Jacquie, because telling them will make it real.

I tell them, we win regionals, and Jacquie and I break up.
I knew it had to come to it, but I didn't want it to.
I love Jacquie.
I know we'll see each other before I leave – I promised her – but it's still hard to let go of her. I just have to keep reminding myself that I can't have ties to the studio or I might stop myself from leaving. And Jacquie knows that. She knew that from the moment I told her about the offer – but she knows I'm good enough, so she let go.

Leaving today is bittersweet. I've spent most of my life growing up at The Next Step, from J Troupe to A Troupe: it's been my home for so long.
It's hard to say goodbye, especially to my teammates.
Richelle, who I've spent my whole life dancing next to – she promises to look after the team when I'm gone.
Piper, who has been one of my best friends for a long time. She helped me overcome some struggles and I've helped her.
Henry, my bro from day one. We've done everything together. We've both dated Jacquie – something that we look back on and laugh at for how petty we were being about her when she came to the studio.
And her. Jacquie. Without her, I'm not sure I would've stayed so long. She grounds me and makes me realise what the right thing to do is. And while we're saying goodbye to each other, we're also both saying goodbye to The Next Step.
After what happened over the year, Jacquie decided she needed a break from dance – at least for the year – just to get back on track.
I just hope she isn't leaving because I am.

I love this place, and I love Jacquie – but I have to go. My dream of being a professional dancer has come true and now I have to take that leap of faith in hopes that everything will work out. That one day Jacquie and I will come together again and live out our happily ever after.