|| Drowning||

"We can't do it here though" Beverly laughed. "Yeah we have no blankets and its all dirty and stuff" Carly agreed
  "Damn, well I can still fuck Richie" Patrick said smirking. "Babe!" Richie whined. The Losers laughed before heading home, it was only like 4 in the morning but none of them felt like climbing back down into the club house and laying on the dirt floor.

    It had been 2 days since the incident in the woods and Richie had honestly felt better than he did before. Richie sat in his room, he was getting tired of the plan white walls and blan bedroom decor. Richie had asked his mother for some money and she ended up giving him 100$ which was Way more than expected. Richie rode his bike down to the thrift store and searched for something, he didn't know what but he continued to look around. He spotted some fairy lights and a couple of miniature plants, he put them in his buggy and carried on threw the store.
   He got his stuff and rode home, the whole time he thought about why his mother gave him that much money. Richie was not rich but he wasn't poor either, but he knew that she wouldn't just give money like that to him. Richie was never really home so he didn't know what went on their and when he was home he would sit in his room and blast music so he never really knew what was happening in the other parts of the house. He pedaled into his drive way and parked his bike. He walked up to his room, the house was very silent. Richie couldn't tell if it had always been like that or if he just wasn't home enough to know.
  His dad worked at the Newspaper office where his job was writting daily news like weather reports and other stuff, while his mother stayed home and sometimes would babysit neighborhood children. Growing up Richies mother was always a happy person he only once seen her cry and that was when he was 8 and his mother had a miscarriage. His dad on the other hand had a drinking problem but never really took his anger out on him. When Richie became a teenager his mother grew distant and stayed to herself, his dad got more violent when drinking and would always pick a fight with his mother. That was one of the reasons Richie didn't like going home.
     Richie went up to his room and closed the door he played some old records that he had found in the actic. The record had played all the songs and had stopped playing, Richie was busy hanging up something so he decided he would wait to go change it out. Richie stopped when he heard the sound of someone crying, "I can't take this anymore" He heard his mother cry from her bedroom. Richie quietly stopped what he was doing and crept to his parents door and listened. "Andy I don't know what to do, I feel like I'm drowning in my own emotions!"  Who's Andy? Richie thought to himself. "I want to but what about Richie? I mean he would be heart broken." Heart broken? But over what? Richie was so confused what was his mother talking about and who was she talking too?. "I know he's 15 but- uhh okay fine I will" thats the last thing his mother said before hanging up the phone. Richie quietly tip toed back to his room and layed on the bed. He had dozed off and woke to the sound of knocking at his door. "Hey Richie can I come in?" He heard his mother say from the other side. "Yeah come on in" Richie said sitting up on his bed. Richies mother made his way into the bedroom and quietly closed the door.
  "Honey there's something we need to talk about"
   "Okay, what is it?" Richie said anxiously.
"So me and your father have been having some issues and we have decided to get a divorce. And with that your dad has been talking to someone and so have I"
  "What are you saying?" Richie said raising his eyebrow
   "Well I met this really nice guy and we have decided that its best for use to.. live together and well I'm going tomorrow...to California"
    "What! How long have you been dating this guy? And when did you plan on telling me? And why didn't you tell me?!" Richie yelled, he was so mad at his mother, why would she do this.
     "Honey it's hard to explain but-"
"No mom go ahead explain why you didn't tell me!, Go ahead!" Richie yelled cutting his mother off.
   "Richie! I need to know if your coming with me or not and you don't have long to decide!" His mothers voice shook as she yelled and Richie could hear in her voice she wanted to cry. But why did she wanna cry, she had no right to cry, he was the one being put through all this.
  Richie thought of Patrick and leaving would mean they would never see each other again. Patrick meant the world to Richie and he wasn't gonna let him go.

   "I can't go mom" Richie said choking on his words

"What?" She said looking up to him
"I can't go with you!" Richie voice shook as he tried to managed to say it again.

"Very well then...I guess...I guess  I'll be on my way" she said as her eye's started to water. She left his room and he could hear her slam her bedroom door. Richie flopped on his bed and began to cry.

    Richie had must of fell asleep because he woke up to the sound of his dad yelling. He got up and walked to his bedroom door, there was a note there. It read

     Dear Richie,

I'm sorry for everything, I know theres alot you don't quite understand but I want you to know it will all get better. Today I am off to California to go live with my boyfriend Andy. Don't worry about me and I understand if your mad at me just remember I love you and always will. If you ever want to call me here's a number
***231-4276

Love you to the moon and back
Mom♥