Chapter 5

I climb up the stairs. Either I'm going alone or they're following. 

I'm good at making people make those kind of decisions. 

Behind me I hear Bendy sigh and follow me. His breathing is surprisingly really heavy, so I know when he's here. I hear another set of footsteps - Boris, probably - follow as well. 

I enter the room and go through a door on the other side.  We walk through the hallway to an elevator. I step on, and it seems stable. Bendy and Boris follow. 

I press a button and we start to rise. 

We get to the floor.

Someone's already there. 

A girl with black hair, her left side mangled and melted, devil horns and a dress with a white bow. Her halo is stuck in her head as well. 

I yelp in surprise and hide behind Bendy. He protectively puts his arm in front of me while I hide behind is shoulder almost. 

She smiles and laughs. 

"You have what is mine." she says. 

"If you hurt her..." Bendy says, his voice becoming inhuman and growl-y. 

"Oh, it's not her I want." she says, looking past me and Bendy and at Boris. 

"It's him."

She pulls a lever, and we start plummeting down. The elevator is falling. 

Boris covers his head and gets in a fetal position, like it was an earthquake. 

"Hold on!!" Bendy says. I cover my head and get on one knee. Holding on to something won't help. 

I feel Bendy come over me, covering me. Protecting me. 

"It'll be okay..." he says quietly in my ear. As he says that he wraps his arms around my back protectively. Like he was holding me or hugging me.

"We'll be fine..."

CRASH!!

The elevator met the floor.

We hit it hard, and once again, everything went black. 

(Boris' POV)

I was the only one that didn't get knocked unconscious. 

I could hear Alice coming. 

I started to shake (Y/N), trying to wake her up. 

"(Y/N)!! (Y/N)!!" I say, trying to wake her. Her eyelids open very slightly. "(Y/N), wake up!! Wake up, please!!" 

I don't see her behind me. 

She drags me away as I'm screaming for them. 

"BENDY!! (Y/N)!!" 

(Bendy's POV)

Alice hijacked the elevator. We all fell crashing down. I managed to cling on to (Y/N) to cushion her fall. We both got knocked unconscious, though. I woke up to Boris screaming for us. 

My head ached from hitting it so hard. 

(Y/N) was on my lap, her head resting on my chest. She must've landed like that. It made me smile and blush a bit. 

"(Y/N)!! BENDY!!" I hear Boris' voice scream in the distance. 

Boris.

She took him.

I'm sorry, buddy. 

"(Y/N)...(Y/N), wake up." I say gently, nudging her. She stirs a little, moving her head sleepily. She sits up, rubbing the back of her head. She looks behind at me.

"Bendy? What's wrong?" she says. 

"It's Boris." I say. Her eyes get large with fear, and looks around the room. When she doesn't see him, she looks back at me. She looks very, very sad. 

"Boris...can we...can we save him?" she says. She sounded like she was holding back tears. She didn't want to cry. 

"Maybe...if we follow where she went then maybe...ah..." I hold the back of my head. Ow...it hurts a lot now...

"Are you hurt?" she says. 

"No, I'm fine...ah..." it hurts more now. "Okay...maybe a little..." 

She comes over to me. She takes the hand that's holding my head, and with her other hand she moves some ink away from my head. 

Then she touches it slightly without knowing. 

"Ah, yup...there it is." I say. 

"Sorry..." she says. She then touches it slowly and gently. This time it doesn't hurt. "Ow...looks like that hurt."

She rips off some of her shirt, then wraps it around my horn and my wound. 

"That should help keep the ink out until it heals...it's the best I can do." she says, almost apologizing. 

"Hey, it feels a lot better. You did great. Thanks." I say. She smiles and gets up. She tries to walk, but she stops.

Her hand was interlocked with mine. Neither one of us noticed. 

I blush a light gray and her cheeks turn pink. We let go. 

I get up and lead her through the hallways. She follows me close behind. 

I promised her I would do my best to protect her.

Even if I have to die for her, I will carry out my promise to keep her safe.