Chapter 6

We made it through the hallways with no surprises. 

Then...we found something. 

A park.

Bendyland.

When we found it, I went in first to be sure it was okay. There were a couple carnival games, and some unfinished rollercoasters. 

"It's fine." I call out to (Y/N). She limps out. Her (E/C) eyes grow big with wonder. 

"Woah..." she says. "I never knew about this..."

"You didn't know? The studio was full of the story." I say. "Why'd you come here if you didn't know what was happening?"

"Well..." she says sheepishly. "I...got a letter, but...it must've been the wrong address. I'm a big fan of Joey Drew's cartoons...but I never worked here."

Wrong address?

If it came to her, then it must've been mixed up for a reason. 

Either Joey has a good sense of humor or it was fate.

What am I talking about, "fate?"

(Your POV) 

I told him I wasn't supposed to come here in the first place. 

That the letter was a mistake. 

Well, now he knows the truth about me. 

When I told him, he wouldn't stop looking at me. 

I couldn't see his eyes, but his mouth showed unbelief. 

Then he shook his head, clearing it, then turned back to the park. 

Suddenly, echoing through the room, we could hear whimpering.

Like a dog.

The same whimper turns to a pained moan, which faded off to nothing. 

"Boris..." I hear Bendy mumble quietly. "(Y/N), we need to get to him. That blasted 'angel' will kill him if we're not quick. C'mon..." he says, walking rather fast toward a door on the other side of the room. Boris obviously means a lot to him. 

I followed him as he walked through the door. There was a cell-looking gate, separating us from a spot with tracks and a cart. 

"That lock is made to withstand ink and anyone made of it. We've gotta find the key if we want any chance of finding Boris." Bendy says. 

"Then we have to look." I say immediately. 

Bendy looks at me over his shoulder, then turns his body towards me. 

It starts with a smirk. 

Then a smile. 

It looks grateful. And happy.

I smile back.

It's always nice to see him happy. 

(Time skip to when we find the key)

Finally. 

After so many hours of searching. 

We found it. 

I put the key in with Bendy standing behind me. I could hear his breathing. 

I turned it, and it unlocked. I threw the lock aside and opened the gate. I was about to get in, but Bendy grabbed my arm.

"Wait. I want to be sure it's safe." he says. "I don't want to risk anything."

He shook it, stepped in it, then sat down. 

"It's good. C'mon." he says. I get in. It's a little small, so we're really close. Almost exactly after we get in, the cart starts moving. The pathway ahead is darkened, and seems to almost be moving. 

I'm scared.

If she's in there and means to kill us as well, then she can catch us by surprise.

I find myself leaning on him a little with fear. 

"Hey...hey...it's fine. You'll be fine." Bendy says, wrapping his arm around me and my shoulder. "I'm here."

Suddenly lights flash on brightly, showing wooden, flat animatronics featuring all the Bendy characters. 

I yelp with surprise, and in fear I turn my torso to Bendy's chest. Almost resting on it. He grips my arm a little tighter. 

"You are fools to come and try to get to him." Alice's voice echoes. "He's mine. He always was. You can't stop me from becoming perfect."

"I'm almost perfect."

We get to a brightly lit room with creepy paintings on the walls. 

"Must be the Haunted House..." Bendy mutters. We're heading for another pitch-black opening in the wall. 

Right as we're about to enter, huge, gloved hands grab the cart and throws it with us in it.

We go flying off, but Bendy once again cushions my fall. I land on his chest, in a position that I'm now hugging him sort of. 

I pay no attention and look at the opening from which the hands grabbed us. 

"Say hello to the new-and-improved Boris." Alice says. 

Boris steps out into the light. 

But he's...mangled. He's not himself.

He's a vicious brute.

He's huge, and part of his chest is cut open, revealing intestines and ribs poke out like spikes. There are pipes stuck in his arm, and his head is propped up on a halo for when you break your neck. He has X-eyes.

"Destroy her!!" Alice's voice shouts to it. "Bendy was and always will be MINE!!"

I get off Bendy and start backing away on my butt. 

The Boris starts walking at me, swinging his arms to support his limping walk. 

Bendy stands up in front of me and holds his arms out. 

"Boris, NO!!" Bendy shouts. Boris stops for split second only to draw his arm out and ball it into a fist, then punch Bendy out of the way. Bendy flies aside, landing on his side. He props himself up with both his arms. 

That was the first time I saw one of his eyes.

It was that pie-cut, black eye like from the cartoons. 

It was crystal-like, surprisingly beautiful. 

It was completely fearful. 

For me.

Boris got closer.

Bendy...

Help me.