Chapter 2

Rich's POV
I woke up after my breakdown. I tried to move but I realized Jake's arm was holding me by my waist and his head was in the crook of my neck. I felt my face heat up. He just looked so..so cute! Whaaa..? I never thought of Jake that way. Well I also didn't realize I was bi so maybe I have a crush.? It would explain a lot! But it doesn't matter, he's straight sadly.
He nuzzles his head deeper and pulls me closer to him and by now my face is probably red as a fire truck. I don't want to get up but I really have to pee. I push his hair out of his eyes and move his arm a bit to wriggle out of his grip and also because I may have just wanted to see how soft his hair was. I got up but that must of woken him up, "Rich?"

I turn around, "Yeah?"

He sat up and rubbed his eyes, "W-where are you going?"

"Juth to the bathroom." I respond.

"Oh ok. Wh-What time is it?" He sits up.

I reach for my phone and turn it on, "5  o'clock."

"We've been asleep for 2 hours." He says more to himself than me.

"Yeah...I'm thorry for crying on you earlier.." I say in a whisper.

He plops in his wheelchair and wheels over to me, "Hey it's ok. You don't have to apologize. Rich it's ok to cry sometimes you know." I just smile and then head to the bathroom. When I come back I see Jake sitting on the bed, on his phone.

Jake's POV
Rich went to the bathroom so I decided to check my phone and it turns out people thought I died or something.

Player1: How is hanging out with Rich? 😉
Player1:Hello?

GeekOrWhatever: Do you know why Michael is avoiding me?
GeekOrWhatever:Hello?! I need help!

XOXOGossipGirl: Did you hear about Dustin Kropp? He got arrested for dealing! Spread the word!

TheatreNerd: Did you know Mr.Reyes quit?!! Who will direct school musicals?!! I need help!

Brookie Cookie: Do you want to go get some froyo?
Brookie Cookie: Hello? Please!!! Are you dead? Clo thinks you are that's why you aren't responding

CloCloFroYo: I'm having a sleepover tomorrow. If you want to come? Rich can come too ig since you said he's getting out tomorrow. Better not burn down my house tho...
CloCloFroYo:Hello?

I roll my eyes at my friends. They are pretty stupid. When we go tomorrow, Chloe better not say anything to Rich. I decide to text them back so they know I'm not dead.

Player1: How is hanging out with Rich? 😉
Player1:Hello?

TallAss1: What?

Player1:So you are alive? Everyone texted you and everyone said you hadn't responded

TallAss1: Me and Rich fell asleep

Player1:ooooooh I see 😏

TallAss1:It wasn't like that!! Now I'm gonna text my other friends thank you very much

GeekOrWhatever: Do you know why Michael is avoiding me?
GeekOrWhatever:Hello?! I need help!

TallAss1: I don't know why and that sounds like a you problem

GeekOrWhatever: Oh so you aren't dead? And thanks for the help ig

I roll my eyes and text the next person.

XOXOGossipGirl: Did you hear about Dustin Kropp? He got arrested for dealing! Spread the word!

TallAss1: How'd you even hear that?

XOXOGossipGirl: I have my ways...

TheatreNerd: Did you know Mr.Reyes quit?!! Who will direct school musicals?!! I need help!

TallAss1: Sorry Chrissy that sucks but I'm sure they will find a good replacement

TheatreNerd: Thanks Jake! Also where are you? Everyone says you weren't responding to their texts

TallAss1: Np and I was visiting Rich and we fell asleep

TheatreNerd: oooooo SHIP!!!

TallAss1: Christine!!!!

TheatreNerd: Sorry let me let you get back to your bf 😉

"What are you doing?" I look up to see Rich.

"Oh just texting our friends. They thought I was dead or something."

"Your friendth" Rich said quietly.

"What?" He just shakes his head, "They're your friends too! Before the play I used to visit you but you were always asleep. I'm your friend and so are they. We texted you and you never texted back. The only one who doesn't forgive you is you Richie." I say and he wipes a stray tear. I don't even think he realized he was crying. "Come here." I pat the bed and he sits next to me putting his head on my shoulder. I wrap my arm around his waist and run my other hand through his hair. "You need to forgive yourself Rich. No one blames you. So...tomorrow Chloe invited us to a sleepover. Do you want to go?"

"Uhhhh I don't know..." He says unsure.

"We're your friends. Come on. And I'll be there but if it gets to be too much we can go to my apartment ok?"

He sighs, "ok"

"Good! Do you want to go and get some bad hospital food?"He nods. I slide off the bed and sit in my chair.

Rich's POV
"I can puth you there" I say and he smiles and nods. I grab the handle bars and start wheeling him down to the hospital cafeteria. He pulls out his phone.

"I'm gonna text the rest of our friends." He says looking at me. I nod.

Jake's POV
I go back to texting the rest of my friends.

Brookie Cookie: Do you want to go get some froyo?
Brookie Cookie: Hello? Please!!! Are you dead? Clo thinks you are that's why you aren't responding

TallAss1:I'm not dead Brooke and I'm with Rich so I can't get froyo sorry

Brookie Cookie: kk have fun 😉

"Everyone thinks I like him!" I whisper to myself. A little annoyed but I can tell I'm blushing. Hope he doesn't notice.

"You ok? Your fathe ith red." Rich asks. Damnit!

"Y-yeah I'm fine!" I said turning my face away from his.

CloCloFroYo: I'm having a sleepover tomorrow. If you want to come? Rich can come too ig since you said he's getting out tomorrow. Better not burn down my house tho...
CloCloFroYo:Hello?

TallAss1: Me and Rich are coming. I'm not dead and you better not say anything to Rich about the fire or SQUIPs!!

CloCloFroYo: Ok Ok yeesh chill out I won't!

TallAss1: 😒

CloCloFroYo: 😘

"Our friends are annoying." I say laughing.

"What'd they do?" Rich asked.

"Nothing important" I say smiling at him and he....blushes? Can't be, must be my eyes. I turn back around as we enter the cafeteria. He was kinda cute like that! Did I call him cute? Do I have a crush on him?! Of course not— OH MY GOD I DO!! I sigh putting my phone in my pocket. I kinda figured I wasn't straight but.. I didn't think I would have a crush on my Rich, my best friend!! Yeesh I need to get my act together.