Chapter 17

Rich's POV
I woke up...on Jake's lap! He was still hugging me like last night.  Everyone must be up by now. Why didn't he pick me up and put me on the couch? I shrug it off. I look up at Jake.  He smiles at me and I climb off his lap. "Where ith everybody?" I ask.

"Michael and Jeremy are probably making out somewhere. Chloe and Jenna are outside and Christine and Jenna went to the store to get ice cream for some reason." Jake says laughing. God I love that laugh.

"Tho you thayed with me?" I ask. He blushes and nods.

"Yeah you looked peaceful and I didn't want to wake you..." I nod.

"We're back!!! With ice cream!!" Christine yelled as her and Jenna walked into the house. Michael and Jeremy came up from the basement, their faces red. Probably making out. Chloe and Brooke came in from the back yard. "Oh! Look who's finally up!" Christine practically yelled. I felt my face go red as our friends looked at me. I wasn't on Jake's lap anymore but we were still pretty close. I jumped up and grabbed the bag with the ice cream and ran to the kitchen. "Hey! I paid for that!!" I heard Christine yell.

"Too bad tho thad!" I say taking out a spoon. A second later everyone was in the kitchen staring at me eating ice cream out of the bucket.

"Really?!" Jenna screeched and snatched the ice cream away from me.

"Hey! I wath eating that!" I whined. I heard Jake giggle quietly behind me. It was the cutest thing ever.

"Too bad so sad!" Jenna said mocking me. I pouted. Jenna started to put ice cream in bowls. She made everyone else's bowl then made mine last. She was about to hand it to me when she put it on top of the fridge. "If you can reach it you can eat it!" She said laughing.

"That'th not fair!!"

"Sounds like a personal problem!" She said but Jake got it off and handed it to me. I stuck my tongue out at her. "Booo! You're no fun!" She said to Jake, which he only shrugged and started eating ice cream.

Brooke's POV
We were eating ice cream and talking when I noticed Jake staring at Rich. He looked so lovesick. I had to do something. After everyone finished they went back to their own things. Chloe was on her phone Jenna and Christine were talking in the kitchen. Michael and Jeremy were in the basement playing games and/or making out. So I stood up, I grabbed Rich's and Jake's hand and pushed them into a closet. I put a chair in front of it so they couldn't get out.

"Brooke!! Let uth out!" I heard Rich yell.

"Not until you talk about you know what!! And I know you know what I'm talking about!! I'm walking away!" I called back and walked back to the couch. Chloe looked at me. "They need to hurry up and make out or something. It was beginning to get annoying." She laughed and nodded. Which was adorable by the way.

Rich's POV
"Brooke!! Let uth out!" I yelled when she pushed me and Jake into a closet.

"Not until you talk about you know what!!And I know you know what I'm talking about!! I'm walking away!" She yelled back and most likely walked away. I sigh and lean against the wall opposite of Jake. We stay quiet for about 5 minutes.

"What is she talking about Richie?" Jake asks. I shrug. He pushes off the wall and gets super close. "C'mon Rich. She's not going to let us out 'til you say what you she wants you to."

"I can't." I say quietly.

"Why not?"

"Because you'll stop being my friend..."

He takes my hand in his, "I'll never stop being your friend. I promise."

I take a deep breath, "I like you. I like you a lot. More than a friend." I say looking away expecting a slap or something. He pulls my face to his and tilts my chin up and smashes his lips to mine. I'm shocked but kiss back. He pulls apart slightly, "I like you too." He says smiling and kisses me again.