Chapter 8

Tw:gay slur

Rich's POV
After everyone got dressed, Michael reluctantly, we headed to Pinkberry. The guys in Michael's PT cruiser and the girls in Brooke's car. We arrived there 10 minutes later. I helped Jake with his crutches then we all walked in. I stopped in my tracks when I see kids from school and one of the biggest asses in school. Thomas Jefferson. He's a bigger ass then I was with my SQUIP. Jake turns to me. "You ok?" I nod. He follows to where I'm looking "I won't let him bother you." I nod then we go get our frozen yogurt. After we got it we all sat in a booth then Thomas Fucking Jefferson walked up to us. "If it isn't my favorite loser group! Theatre nerd, geek, anti social loser, slut, baldy, gossip girl, disabled and the fag criminal!" I look down feeling tears coming to my eyes. I look across from me to see Brooke close to crying. I think there was more than one reason wanting to wear the wig. Chloe and Jake jump up.

"You want to say that again?!" Jake yells at him getting in his face.

"Who about? Your boyfriend? He just like you are fags!"

"Says you! Who is sucking Madison's dick every weekend!" Chloe jumps in.

"You take that back now slut!"

"Or what?" Chloe asks then Jefferson punches Jake and he falls over. Michael and Jeremy Jump up and go to attack Jefferson and his goons while I run over to Jake.

"You ok?" I ask Jake and he nods, "You know you didn't have to do that for me."

"I know." I help him stand up. I turn to see Michael and Jeremy pushing Jefferson and Madison while the girls are hanging up on Reynolds and are having a screaming match with Reynold's girlfriend. Just then a cop car pulls up. All our friends back up.

"We got a call?" One of them said. Chloe ran up to them.

"Yeah officer! Me and my friends were just hanging out before that guy called us names and pushed my friend down! He's on crutches!" Chloe exclaims pointing at Jefferson then Jake. Jake nods then the cops escort all of them out. Good! They deserve it. All our friends sit back down.

"God my hand hurts! I think it's broken!" Jeremy exclaims.

"Shouldn't have punched Reynolds so hard!" Jenna says on her phone. Most likely posting about the fight.

"No but seriously I think I need a doctor!" He whines.

"I'm sure you're fine Jere. Probably just need to put ice on it." Michael responds and Jeremy just nods.

Jake's POV
That was fun!(note the sarcasm) Everyone was talking except Rich and Brooke. Their words were the most hurtful. But I see Chloe comforting Brooke. I turn to Rich to see him looking down and messing with his nails. "Hey. You ok?" I ask him.

"I'm fine," he says barley above a whisper. I know he's not. I put my hand over his. He intertwines our fingers. I run soothing circles on his knuckles with my thumb. I can see him smile a bit. Good. That's what I wanted. At least a smile.