Chapter 16

Jake's POV
The movie finished and everyone was asleep. Except me. My thoughts kept me awake. Rich was snuggled into my side which I loved. But...I don't know if it's a just a bro thing or if it could mean more. I wish it could mean more. I love him so much. I want to protect him from everything that life throws at him. He's already been through so much. He was and still is the strongest person I know so it breaks my heart seeing him hurt. I wish I could help him. I wish I could kiss him and hold him when it gets bad. Michael says to ask him out but if he says no it would be weird because he's my bestie. I used to use him and Jeremy as an example but seeing as they were making out earlier I can't do that anymore. I'm brought out of my thoughts by Rich tossing and turning. His breathing picked up and tears started rolling down his cheeks. "Rich!" I whispered yelled while shaking him a bit. He shot up and now he was crying a lot. I pull him into a hug. "Shhh shhh it's ok. I got you." He's shaking a lot. I pick him up and set him on my lap. I hold him and he puts his head in the crook of my neck. "Do you want to talk about it?" He shakes his head. "Ok. It's fine. Whatever it was can't hurt you now ok?" He nods and snuggles deeper into my chest. I run my hand through his hair and after a minute or so his breath slows. I look down and he's asleep peacefully.

Brook's POV
I woke up snuggled into Chloe's side. This is good. Ugh! I still have to tell her how I feel. It's a lot of work and what of she doesn't feel the same way?! Oh god! Why did I make the deal with Rich. I glance over to him and see he's on Jake's lap. Omg! So cute!! No one else is up. Someone will get up soon to see this...should I wake him up or not? Ya know I think I won't. This might speed up the confessing process.

mini time skip brought to you by Brooke's Halloween costume—

By now everyone was up except Michael and Rich. Our friends kept asking about how Rich was on Jake's lap but he dodged the questions. I asked about it while people were busy eating. He said he had a nightmare and comforted Rich which is the sweetest. They need to get together already. I know all our friends are thinking it.