Chapter 4

Rich's POV
I'm in Jake's house? I walk around looking for Jake or somebody I know. I see Jake. He looks scared. He has his casts on and is sitting on the floor. "Jake what's wrong?"

"What are you doing?! Trying to kill me?!!"

I'm confused then I see a gas tank in my hand and the curtains setting on fire. "I'm sorry! I thought it was the only way! I thought you forgave me?!" I yell with tears running down. Then all my friends show up.

"It's your fault!"

"You should've died in that fire!"

"You should be hurt not Jake!"

"It's your fault Jeremy got the SQUIP!"

I wake up in a cold sweat, crying and hyperventilating. I stand up shaking. I don't know where I'm trying to go but I need to get out. I stumble over a chair and fall to the floor in a heap of tears. I think I'm having a panic attack. Suddenly I feel arms around me.

Jake's POV
I feel a weight lift off of me. I open my eyes to see Rich standing up. He's crying and hyperventilating. I think he's having a panic attack. "Rich?!" He doesn't respond. I don't think he heard me. I stand up quickly,not bothering with the pain in my leg, when he falls down I run to his side and wrap my arms around him and pull him close. He tries to talk but it comes out as sobs. "Shhh shhh it's ok. I got you." I tell him, hugging him and running my fingers through his hair. We sit there for a solid 30 minutes until he starts pushing away from my body. "Do you want to tell me what's wrong?" He shakes his head. I stroke his tear stained cheek...in a totally not gay way. "It'll feel better if you talk about it."

He takes a shaky breath, "I had a n-nightmare. You th-thaid you didn't forgive me. I hurt you!Everyone elthe thaid it wath my fault!" He cried. It broke my heart to see him so shattered.

"I forgive you! It's not your fault at all! So does everyone else. Richie I love you so much! Never think that! You didn't hurt me ok?"

"Y-you love me?" He asks and I realized what I said.

"Of course I do! You're my best friend. Rich don't ever think that ok?" I say trying to save myself. When I say that he seems happy and disappointed at the same time. I wonder why. He looks up at me and hugs me tightly. God this boy makes me so helpless.