nothing holding me back

"What was that?" Tracy said raising an eyebrow at her as they got in the SUV. "What was what?" Amelia said completely ignoring the tone in her voice and staring out the window as they made their way back to the hotel. "You know exactly what I mean. You asked him out? You never do that.. what about Henry?" Amelia turned to her anger evident in her eyes. "what about henry?" Tracy looked like she wanted to take it back but she was concerned for her friend. it wasn't like her to go this route with a guy. sex? yes hook ups? many but a good old fashion dinner? never. "I thought you liked him, more than the agreement. Three years is a long time to not catch feelings" Amelia thought about the last time she saw henry and then the call last night. She had been open with him and it had backfired on her badly her heart still mending from the break. She wanted to respond with anger but she couldn't take it out on her friend when she was just anger with herself, For falling prey to her number one no no. "I thought I did too" She said quietly. The look she gave Tracy was enough for her to know to not mention it again. she looked broken again and the emotional toll that she had taken today made her regret even bringing it up in the first place. The rode in silence and stayed silent in the elevator all the way to the suite. As they settled in on the couch Tracy turned to her friend again. "When are you going out with him" Amelia smiled looking at her friend, she never questioned her not one she was always on board this is what made her the best friend she could ever have. "I made the first move I am going to let him make the next one Trace, I think that would be best." Tracy agreed. The rest of the night was spent with takeout and movies in their hotel room. Tracy wasn't sure what had happened with Henry or why now Amelia wanted to have dinner with Tom but she knew one thing, Amelia was ready for more than contracts and one night stands and that made her happy. She wanted her friend to be happy she deserved that more than anyone. halfway through the second movie Amelia's phone dinged. She swiped her screen showing a text from Tom. 'hello darling, would you be available for dinner tomorrow?' She smiled even in a text his punctuation and grammar where impeccable. 'let me check' she sent while she went into her calendar and checked her schedule for tomorrow. "they added some interviews tomorrow but I was able to extend our stay by a day too so your free after four tomorrow" Tracy said not looking away from the TV "Stalker" she said laughing "Why are you so obsessed with me?" she said laughing even harder. Tracy turned laughing even harder "because you're my precious" she said in a goblin voice the duo laughed even harder. "Wow that was a really good impression" "well you know I live for the comedy." They settled and Amelia focused on her conversation with Tom "I am free after four tomorrow she waited for a response but got lost in the movie and didn't hear her phone or the good night that Tom sent. What she also didn't know was that Tom was consumed with thoughts of their interactions of the day. He had never seen anyone show emotion like she did and that was beautiful for him. He wanted to be open again, he wanted to be happy again and a small part of him hoped that this would be the way that she was the puzzle piece missing in his broken heart.