unavoidable truths

Tom broke the silence and offered Henry a drink which he accepted against his better judgement. "So here we are at a cross roads. again. We can either work it out or she will get upset again and I really don't want that. This pregnancy has been hard enough for her and I fear she will throw us both out for the fuss we are making." Henry said accepting the drink of whiskey "she will do it too I have never seen someone so small be so fierce." Tom chuckled "Yeah she is a force, but I have a feeling that is what drew us both to her." Henry said as Tom nodded in agreement's sat in the living room sipping silently on their drinks.  "You contract with her terminated correct?" Tom asked in a spirit of honesty. "I don't like that you know about that, you know. But yes that contract was terminated. Now I just want to try and be there as whatever she will let me be." Henry said with a flat tone. Tom nodded as sipped his drink. "Well I think it's best that we do this on a cycle. so that neither is around at the same time except when time gets closer to the birth, what do you think, mate?" He looked at his foe "I agree, I was thinking about staying until next Sunday and you are leaving-?" He questioned "I was going to but Amelia reminded me it was a holiday this week so I cancelled to be with the family" the family Tom had already claimed this as his family.  He put his drink down as the heard the water draining from the tub. "Looks like she's done .If you will excuse me" Tom walked up the stairs and it took so much for Henry to not follow to chaperone them, but I wasn't his place anymore, she was not his anymore.  Amelia came downstairs minutes later followed by Tom laughing and smiling. She was fresh in some colorful leggings and a black shirt that covered her bump. Tom excused himself to make some work phone calls and kissed her as he walked away. Henry had to hold back the rage as she smiled lovingly at Tom. She walked back to Henry and sat in the sofa across from him. "I'm glad you worked it out. "She said with a smile on her face. Henry nodded he was still angry and she knew it. "Can I ask you something?" He asked his curiosity getting the best of him. "Of course" She said as she casually looked through her phone "Have you had sex with him since he's been here?" She stopped scrolling and looked at him to check his reaction with a raised eyebrow.  "First off he's my boyfriend and secondly its none of your business" answering his question. "So you have." He sat his glass down and walked over to her couch and sat next to her. She went back to her phone in hopes of ignoring him as he moved closer to her. "I thought you said you were mine" She knew what he was doing and she was not going to allow it. She stopped him placing her hand on his face. "No Henry" she said steady as if she had been practicing for it. "I Love you" he whispered. They both froze. she stared into his eyes the shock evident in both their eyes. She quickly moved away to another couch regretting even letting him be near her. "I can forget I heard that " she said. She always did that for him, she covered for him when he was open always cautious of his feeling as the expense of hers. But this was the first time he ever said it in a moment of passion and not as emotional blackmail. "No" he said. "No I do love you and I want you to know that I am not going into this blindly. I know what is at stake I know that there is Tom, the baby and your kids but I am tired of hiding this feeling. I want to take this chance." She was crying again, stupid hormones. "No" He tensed "I loved you  Henry, you gave me passion and excitement, but Tom, he's safe he makes me feel happy and loved" he had competition. "Well I guess I have to step up my game" he smiled at her. "No" she repeated she knew this could crash and burn and she was tired of the games and drama that came with Henry. Henry was tensed up and breathing hard. "Why not?" Amelia stood "Because, I am happy where I am Henry. I explained that to you already." She was raising her voice and he stood too in defense. Tom who had ended his call when he heard her walked in the room to see what was going on. "I am not just me Henry. You can't just say you miss me and you love me and expect me to jump. This is not a game. I have three kids beside this one, my entire life revolves around them. Can you honestly say that you want to be involved in that? At any point have you stopped to ask me about my life or my kids? Tom has. He knows the name of each of my kids, he knows that Monica will only eat cereal dry with a cup of milk. He knows that Silas will only eat eggs in the morning with toast because he doesn't like pancakes. He knows that Ryan gets migraines and he has to stay hydrated to ensure he doesn't get a migraine. He knows that the baby kicks more at night but when he puts on music he calms down." She was out of breath and her vision started to get fuzzy. Tom moved to stand next to her. Henry stood there shocked. She wasn't just in a relationship with Hiddleston. She was in love with him and in a committed relationship something that he had never even thought to offer her. Now it was too late. "you never gave me a chance to learn those things about you, that's not what we agreed on." He said trying to wrap his mind around what was happening. "I gave you every chance! I told you I loved you and you broke my heart. Crushed it beyond belief and made me hate fuck you. Then you left me cold and alone." She was screaming at him. All the pain and hate she felt was spilling out of her and she couldn't even breathe anymore. Tom was holding her up begging her to calm down and sit down. "Love, you need to breathe" She looked at the man holding her and all she wanted was for him to take her away from here. "You broke me Henry, you took my vulnerabilities and used them against me." He raised an eyebrow at her. "Then why did you have me come here? Why am I here Amelia?" She was losing her grip on everything drowning. He would never understand how badly he had damaged her. The last thing she saw was Tom trying to talk to her before she plunged into darkness.