lonely

It had been a long time since Amelia had been alone, but the break from Henry forced her into a self induced exile. She had spent Christmas and New Years with her kids and though she tried to put on a happy face for them, they knew. She awoke on New Years day in a bed full of kids. Silas and Monica had made their way into her bed the night before and Ryan who was a full grown adult was sleeping on the sofa in her room. She looked around and smiled. She had everything she needed in this room. She thought of Tom who had kindly let her sleep in his bed that night but never once pushed. She fell apart in his arms and he held her until she asleep, he wanted to hold her every night no matter how many times she fell apart, but she had insisted on time. He gave her time but he made sure that she knew he was there for her. She appreciated his friendship and his love, but she was just not ready for anything other than friendship. The thought of moving on made her heart break all over again. She needed to move on, she knew that but her every thought was on him. She wiggled out of the bed and walked down to the kitchen for tea and sunrise. She opened her phone while the water brewed. She went to his social media page. It had been silent since their break, she knew that he was struggling as she was, she had not posted either. Still she stalked. Nothing new appeared on his page. She sighed and moved to make a cup of tea. She sat alone at the kitchen island in silence going through her schedule for her up coming production. She was excited to be back at work, the short film that Tom and her had worked on was now a sequel and they would be working together again. She was happy to be reunited with him even if it was just as friends. She had been thinking more and more about Tom during this time. Henry was always in the back of her mind but her thoughts for Tom were invasive. She went into a relationship with him without really thinking about the consequences to him or his career. She knew how he felt, it was obvious but she knew that she wasn't ready for anything other than friendship, but the thought was still there. Her phone vibrated bringing her out of her thoughts. She smiled it was her ever vigilante best friend checking in on her as always. "Morning woman are you up and ready to go?" Tracy was cheerful and awake. "Yeah I am, just sitting here drinking some tea." Tracy who was across town in her own home was doing the same. "Are you really ready for this? I know this is all going to be difficult" Amelia took in a sharp breath. "Yes it may be but the only way I am going to get past this is to just take a step and work. I do best when I am working and I need some sembalance of normal." Tracy agreed "You can do this, I know that you may not want to hear this but I really think that Tom is the real deal. I know that things did not go well in London, but maybe give him a chance to make amends" Amelia sighed she wasn't ready for that to be honest, the pain of Henry was still fresh and even though her thoughts focused on Tom the pain of the loss of her relationship with Henry still consumed her. "I don't know Trace, I really just need time to move past everything that has happened I need time for me" "Well that is not a bad thing Amy" Amelia heard the stirring noises of her kids waking and said her goodbye to her friend to get her kids set for the day, still the pain held her somewhere deep down it hurt to breathe and even exist in a place without Henry.

a/n - this is an extremely short filler chapter which I apologize for, things will get better!

love- Liss PenCov