Are we out of the woods yet?

It had been two weeks. Just two weeks since her break up from Tom and her rekindling with Henry and it was all very quiet. She had decided to stay in London for another week but there was a work engagement that she could not avoid coming up and she was dreading it. Tom and Amelia had collaborated on a short film recently and the release had generated more positive reviews than expected so the producers had decided a cast party was needed to generate even more press for the short film. That was great, until she and Tom had broken up. Tracy had tried everything, but short of sickness or death her presence there was crucial. "I might be crucified in the press does that count at all?" she said to Tracy. Tracy who was not on Team Henry sighed "No, if you cant do your job and be professional then maybe you didn't make the right choice." Amelia sat silent. Even she questioned her actions with Henry. Their relationship was very silent and fragile. "Fine, I will be there." she said ending the call before more attitude was slung her way. "Where will you be?" Henry asked walking in from his run with Kal kissing her head softly, like a habit of a lifetime. "I have a press party in New York in a few days I can't get out of." He sat across from her drinking some water "Work? I've never seen you shy away from work obligations" it was a statement but the question was buried in it. "Its a project I did with Tom, he will be there" Henry stopped drinking and stared. "Will we ever be rid of him?" the anger came out of no where and it scared her. "Hank" she whispered "I am going with you" she sighed she was hoping to go alone knowing that he could possible lose his cool but knew better than to argue. "Sure" he smiled and stood. "Going to shower" he kissed her and walked past. She was lost and she wasn't sure she liked where she was. She wanted this, right? this is what she always wanted? "Join me?" he asked. She stood and followed, would she always follow him?

She had to leave the next morning straight to New York for prep, Henry would be following shortly after. She breathed a sigh of relief the moment she deplaned in New York, feeling more herself to be among colleagues. She went to the hotel first her bag had arrived before her as had her assistant. "Hey" she said walking in to her cold faced best friend. "That's all you have to say for yourself? You destroy your relationship and start a new one with Lucifer in the span of a two weeks and all you say is HI?" She sighed "Trace please, you don't know how bad it was" Tracy scoffed, "I lived in a loveless marriage where my husbands family HATED me and you think I don't' get it? I get it babe, but Tom still doesn't deserve what you did." She was getting angry "I don't have to explain myself to you, I made a decision and if you don't like it well.. tough." she was silent. "Well then I guess that's it huh boss?" Amelia walked to the couch sinking down letting out the sob she had been holding in for a while. "I know Tom didn't deserve that but I really just don't know what I am doing" Tracy shook her head and sat next to her holding her hand. "I realize that, but now you have to put your big girl panties on and do what is needed." She nodded and took a deep breath. The party was important and she knew it. "Henry is coming, I don't know how to tell him no, Its going to end very badly I'm afraid" Tracy nodded. "Yes it is, but we will get through it, we always do."

The party was at one of the most classy clubs in New York. Season three had wrapped and was set to be released in the next year. Amelia was looking forward to seeing her cast friends again even though that could mean Tom too. Henry said nothing as he knew how important it was for her to make an appearance. After the very public fight and their very public break up in recent history the press was still in a frenzy and the knowledge that him and Henry would be in the same room again made it spread like wild fire.

She was being crucified by the media and she was trying her hardest to put on a brave face. So they arrived at the party and declined any questions about their private life on anything in relation to the fight. she knew Tom would be resistant to speak to her with Henry around. The club was filled with loud music and lots of noise. The air was filled with so many smells, sweat, lust and liquor. Amelia was not a clubber never really was. Deep down she really was a geek. She loved staying home, reading, writing and playing video games that was her idea of fun. But she knew this was all part of the life she choose to live.