Part 3: Growing Up

Grandpa and Grannie Swan passed in 1991 within months of each other. From Grandpa money and a trust with war bonds from his time in the army during World War II were split between the two of them. Grannie Helen had left Dad old photo albums and for her it was jewelry. Grannie Helen even left her an old but large piece of property that had belonged to her parents and once held the Swan Inn sitting just between the border of Forks and La Push. They had left everything but Grannie's silver hair combs to Daddy and her, those would be Bella's under the condition she gained a high school diploma.

The largest part of their inheritance though, were the investments they made under Genevieve's guidance after noticing her intelligence and knack for it . It was set to be split three ways, but fell under stipulations for Bella. If Bella lived with Charlie for a 12 month period of time, straight (small vacation 2 weeks at most), before turning 18 then it would be split 40/30/30 with the largest part going to Charlie however if she did not, it would be split 45/45/10. Bella and Renee were not to be made aware of the percentages or the conditions if either one proved to be the inheritance would be made forfeit and split equally between her and Charlie.

A few months later, into the new year, Charlie's second godson Seth Clearwater was born bringing a regular smile back to both him and Genevieve.

-------------------------------------------------------

The Black twins, Rebecca and Rachel, had been unofficially adopted as little sisters by Lee and Vee, as they called themselves. It was when the summer Genevieve turned 10, that the four girls were take on a girls only weekend in Seattle by Sue and Sarah. They had split up and were walking to the mall's food court when a woman had asked if Sue if she ever considered having her children model. The woman told them of two last minute cancellation they'd had and the fashion show that was being held that night. Sue had been hesitant but agreed that if the woman's offer was legitimate Leah could participate but that she'd have to make a call to Genevieve's father. What they hadn't known was that it had been the start of something that would last nearly a decade and take them across the world.

A/N: Collage of both modelling below for Wattpad & AO3 (Tried to make it look like they did similar photoshoots to show they were always together even on jobs growing up.)

-------------------------------------------------------

At thirteen, Genevieve had tested out of high school receiving her diploma that December and walking that following June. Leah not wanting to be left behind by her best friend and sister in all but blood worked harder then before and joined her at Seattle University two years later. Thanks to Leah taking summer & winter courses, they graduated together in May of 2002. Leah received her B.A. in Elementary Education while Genevieve had completed her B.S. & M.S. in Nursing.

Unfortunately, their graduation missed a major member of their family as Sarah Black had passed in a car accident two years before.

-------------------------------------------------------

As the years went by, many things changed in the Swan house from what her memories held from the novels and movies of her life as Margo. There were three changes of which she was most proud. First, while he had not found that special someone just yet, Charlie had long since moved on from Renee.Second, The Swan house was no longer trapped in the design of the eclectic Renee.The father and daughter duo having used a portion of their inheritance which they could access to update the home but more specifically the hideous mustard yellow cabinets and linoleum floor. They had chosen to refinish the wood floors throughout the house.

With his two daughters only getting older he had changed the front storage room on the second floor, with access to the attic, into her own personal suite. With the heavily slanted walls starting a few feet into the room at both sides they decided to simply put walls up  making it appear as a small upstairs office with a large floating desk and shelves above while the other side had a twin sized storage day-bed for a seating area, covered in pillows of multiple pastel colors, all of which was done in a light grey with brass hardware. Behind a simple black mirror was actually a staircase which opened to the attic stairs. With her away on modelling job in L.A. with Leah and Sue for supervision, he decided to surprise Genevieve by renovating the attic into a bedroom loft and bathroom for her. He hadn't truly understood why his oldest daughter would ever think the small storage space would have been it for her room. The wide smile on his beautiful little girl's face when she came home made it all worth it.

Lastly, however the most important thing in Genevieve's opinion that had changed was that her father Charlie Swan had shaved off his porn-stache after she had fibbed and asked him what such a thing was because she had heard some ladies at the groc...

Lastly, however the most important thing in Genevieve's opinion that had changed was that her father Charlie Swan had shaved off his porn-stache after she had fibbed and asked him what such a thing was because she had heard some ladies at the grocery store talking about his.