Part 5: Return to Forks

A/N: My first few chapters will be what was shorter, mostly because I was tired and the idea for this story popped up in my head about 1 AM this morning and I just wrote it out. Expect longer chapters in the future, I usually write somewhere between 700-1400 words a chapter unless I'm posting multiples and even then they tend to be a little longer than I started this one at.

Genevieve's magic will be a bit of a mix from TVD, Harry Potter and even BtVS (only a couple). With TVD in mind, nature does contribute to her power and she holds some of the weaknesses that Bonnie did (Lobelia like I mentioned was being bombed in suspected 'witch areas' before her rebirth, for one and a few other herbs/herbal mixtures). She's not going to be the type of person to just tell people her weaknesses but rather she'll simply say she has allergies. (Honestly, why no one thought of just building a tolerance of Vervain and saying that they were allergic when showing minimal reactions in TVD, I'll never know.) Similar to the Potter 'Verse her magic is part of her (she is magic ; skin, blood, bones, everything.) 

TVD Magic Seen or Soon-to-be: Longevity Spell (Like the one Gloria used however here it is permanent without side effects if done correctly. In Genevieve's case is carries over from her first life but activates much sooner in Twilight 'Verse than when it was originally cast as Margo had been 41 when she re-discovered it, completing it a few years later), Healing Spell, Lineage Spell, Strength Augmentation Spell (will be changed to increase not only strength but speed and senses such as smell & sight to that of a vampires. The level of intensity and status as temporary or permanent depends on how much power is put into it.)

Potter Magic Seen or Soon-to Be: Glamour (prologue dropped hers revealing that even in her 80's she looks to be in her early 40's though I suppose without the gif you can't really see what the glamour revealed. CURSE YOU FANFIC!), Fiendfyre/Hellfire (prologue, manner of death), Undetectable Expansion Charm (when she renovates the property she inherited from Grannie Helen), and Basic Home Charms (Anti-Theft, Anti-Unlocking preventing those without a key from getting in, Flame Freezing making any fires set incapable of burning), and 

BtVS Magic To-Be-Seen: Sanctorium/Sanctuary Spell (prevents violence within an area; must be owned by castor), Enochian Protection Runes (basically a magical security system that prevents any form of spying on whatever it is place on whether it be by  stalkers, seers, or technological means. In this case, carving them into every corner of the very foundation of her home; hiding all within it once built. Effectively making every window one-way and all rooms with a closed door completely soundproof)

------------------------------

Now to the Story

August 5, 2003 11:58 AM [ Just under 1.5 years from canon]

~Genevieve's POV~

Leah and I were finishing up our joint photoshoot for Vogue when the call came. I wore the black velvet plunging V-neck gown with a slit and Leah rocked a satin all-white empire cross-back dress with a matching off-centered bow at her left hip. It was based off our first modelling job where I had worn a long sleeveless black velvet dress that ended at my ankles and Leah's a white satiny halter dress with a bow at her back. We'd kept our faces neutral rather than the large smiles worn in the old photos but both still choosing to use minimal make-up, going for a more natural and clean look.

"Swan, speaking."

"It's Uncle Billy."

"Hey, Uncle Billy. Leah's here too! We just finished up here in Paris."

"Sweetheart, you need to come home right away. It's Charlie, he was shot. Th-they don't know if he'll make it." He sobbed and my legs gave out beneath me.