Part 10: Time Flies 2/2

Sam Uley had shifted. He's made threats against the Cullens, warning them to abide by the treaty and that if he'd any choice in the matter they'd already be burning. When he learned of Charlie and Genevieve's more than strictly 'friendly' relationship with the Cullen family, he was infuriated. He'd driven to the Swan house. If it even was still the Swan house considering he'd heard word of the daughter renovating the old Swan Inn into a new home. The Swan girl pissed him off. She'd done so when he was just a boy and still did today. He didn't know what it was about her but it set him on edge and it certainly had nothing to do with his old crush on Leah Clearwater and how they were always together that up until recently most of La Push and Forks believed the two girls to be seeing each other. The rumors only put to rest by her relationship with Dr. Fang, after the two girls rushed through school, graduating together, and travelling the world for their modelling jobs.

He knew Harry Clearwater hadn't agreed with his wife of Leah taking those jobs but she refused to deny Leah the 'opportunity' of a lifetime. It had strained his relationship both with his wife and with his children. Harry had plans and they didn't involve his little girl galivanting around the world in skimpy clothes with some pale-faced girl that his wife became the godmother of for some reason he still couldn't understand. Sam knew the man was friends with Charlie Swan but that was it. Like the oldest Clearwater, Sam didn't believe their people should mix more than needed and all that was needed was a friendly hand amongst the station.

So when he'd gone to the Swan house to make himself clear about the friendships they'd be losing if they continued on with the Cullens, as they were, he'd been more than surprised when the little bitch had grabbed him by the back of his neck and thrown him out. She'd made sure the neighbors had seen and heard what she had to say to him."You stay the hell away from my family, Uley! I'll be letting Leah and my father know what you had to say. You just threatened a sheriff's daughter and if you step foot on my or my daddy's property again, me throwing you out will be the least of your worries cause I'll shoot you! Oh and Sam" she turned back around after moving to walk back in. "There are security cameras both in and outside this house." He left as quickly as he could, body trembling with rage and lips twisted into a snarl.

------------------

Genevieve had begun the process of renovating the old Swan Inn property when she was 17. Most of the land spread out into the forest that lay centered between Forks and La Push and what many knew the property was worth a fortune on it's own. After over a 100 years since the Inn's closing and the original survey of the property being lost in a fire in the town's Hall of Records nearly 50 years ago the reason was believed to be the beautiful site where the cliffs met the ocean and its expansive land. In truth, if the reason was known the property likely would have been claimed by the city if not the state years ago when Grandma Helen had temporarily defuncted on making the tax payments. Fortunately the stocks they invested in had already begun providing cash dividends and the payments were made before it could be sold off in chunks. The was most beautiful sites on the land was not at the cliffs but rather hidden below on a hidden cave beach and a small grotto further in land.

 The was most beautiful sites on the land was not at the cliffs but rather hidden below on a hidden cave beach and a small grotto further in land