Chapter Two: Dean's Dare

Castiel's POV

The next day was, once again, an unpleasant one. First, some of Dean's lackeys tried to give me what they called an "ultimate swirlie" and I was not too enthusiastic about that. It drenched me from head to toe almost, and I tasted toilet water all throughout the next two class periods. But, something even worse happened during homeroom.

I was approached by three jocks, and someone else, but I couldn't make out who it was, (since he was tucked inside what seemed to be a protective circle created by those other jocks). I just calmly looked up at them, and gave my best fake smile.

"Is there something you three want from me?" I asked, sorta scared for my life at this point. They nodded, and moved out of the way for their "boss". And, to my surprise, it was Dean Winchester. He took one look at me, then pinned me up against my locker behind me. All I could do was stand there and stare at him.

"Hey uh, Cas, your brother told me something very interesting about you." He said with a devilish grin on his face. And that kind of smile scared me.

"R-really? There's nothing interesting about me... What could he possibly have said?" I asked, my voice sounding really shaky. Dean chuckled, and leaned a little bit closer so he could whisper in my ear.

"He said that you've got the hots for me, Cas. Is that true?" he asked in an extremely flirty tone. At that moment, it felt as if my whole body was on fire. I stood there speechless for a second, then calmly answered his question.

"N-not entirely, D-Dean.. I um..."

"Ha! Say no more. Thank you for your cooperation, Castiel Novak. That clearly answers my question." He said with a laugh. My knees began to buckle from embarrassment as he and the other jocks laughed at me. My face was hot, and my whole body shivered. "Why did Gabe say that?!" I thought, feeling complete and utter hatred for my brother for this.

"Castiel's got a crush on Dean! Haha, wait until Brittany hears about this, Dean!" One of the guys said, laughing. Dean shook his head, and sighed.

"Pfft, I don't care about that dumb blonde anymore. She's a lying, cheating, whore." He said with a slight chuckle. "Hmph, Gabe said he was single. What a liar.." I thought, letting myself add more reasons to get revenge on Gabriel. But, what snapped me out of my revenge-plotting thoughts, was Dean's hand grasping my tie.

"So, how bout it?"

"H-huh? H-how about what..?" I asked, really confused at this point. Dean laughed.

"A date, dork."

"A d-date..? O-oh no.. I-I can't.."

"Why not?" He asked, sounding a little disappointed.

"I um, have after-school tutoring for the next couple weeks... I will hardly have any free time to do my own homework and projects." I said, feeling a bit guilty for half-lying. Dean sighed, and shrugged it off.

"Well, ok then. I'll keep asking you until you're free." He said with a half-hearted smile. I nodded, and looked at him closer. His eyes didn't seem like normal. They were... Sad-looking, or... Disappointed. Dean eventually noticed me staring at him, and he grinned a bit.

"Cas..? Are you, waiting for me to kiss you or something?" He asked with a chuckle. I blushed and quickly shook my head no. He laughed at me, and smiled.

"Oh, ok. Not that kind. Maybe this'll do." He said, as he gave me a kiss on the cheek. I blushed even redder, and quickly looked down at my feet. Dean chuckled, and finally let go of my tie. He smiled and placed a hand under my chin, lifting it up. I stared into his eyes, and eventually closed them, thinking he was going to kiss me. But, I was surprised when I felt his hand move away. I opened my eyes to see Dean and my brother laughing.

"W-what's so funny?" I asked, a bit confused. Gabe took a deep breath, then finally stopped laughing.

"Oh, it's uh, it's nothing Cas. Just a silly dare, that's all." He said with a slight chuckle.

"Wait, what? Are you saying this whole situation was a dare?" I asked, feeling utterly ticked off at this point. Gabe and Dean stopped laughing, and it was as if guilt had rushed over them.

"Cas, wait I uh-"

"No! That's it! I'm done with jocks! And especially you. Please refrain from talking to me, ever again." I said, tearing up a bit. Dean opened his mouth to say something, but I quickly turned around and raced off down the hall. A few tears streamed down my cheeks, but, I didn't care who saw me cry at this point. "I now and forever hate Dean Winchester!"