Chapter Four

You watch him glance down at you, slipping you a little smirk. Your mind is buzzing with thoughts of this man, and certain not-so-innocent ones.

With your mind still processing the days events, you get up from the little table after finishing your cheesecake and walk back to your hotel.
Assuming the man is staying at this hotel since this is where you first saw him, you keep an eye out for the tall, broad brunette.
After a scan around the lobby and no dream boy, you make your way to the elevator, the place you saw him first.
Unfortunately, there was no mystery man on the elevator or in the hall to your room. You unlock the door to your room and plop on the bed.
What a day.
You take your coat off and place your bag on the end table. All of that happened in one day. Did you actually meet that man in the elevator today?! It feels like weeks ago!
It was nighttime outside since in New York, the sun sets at like 4:30 in the winter, why so early?
You check the clock and see it is only 8pm. You decide to shower and get dressed and go out to see the Rockefeller Christmas Tree since it's Christmas Eve.
When you're ready, you put on your coat and grab a scarf and gloves remembering the frigid cold.
You take the elevator down to the lobby, still keeping an eye open for the man, since he is now all that you can think about.
Wait, what if he's thinking of you? No, that could never be. Unless?
You are interrupted from your thoughts by your new friend, Julie, the girl you met in the lounge earlier today. She's a very bubbly person and it's hard to say no when she asks to join you on your trip to Rockefeller center.
The two of you get into a taxi together and when you arrive at the place, you see hundreds of people crowded around the ginormous tree. It's even bigger in person!
You ask Julie if she wants to ice skate and she says she loves to ice skate and practiced it when she was younger.
You already know this won't end well for you, never having ice skated before.
But you go on the ice anyway. It's not as hard as you thought it would be but you're still shaky. Julie holds you up but it just isn't enough. You fall to the ground, hitting your butt very hard on the cold ice.
Ouch.
You turn around, completely embarrassed and see a tall figure.
Oh, please don't be him. Not now.
Luckily, it wasn't him. But imagine if it was. How mortifying.
The two of you skate for a little while more, well Julie skates. You kinda just walk on the ice and fall a lot.
Eventually, you get really tired and after taking a few pictures of the tree, you call it a night and head back to the hotel.
You open the big golden doors to the hotel and make your way back to the elevator. But on your way, you see someone with their back to you, talking to the receptionist at the front desk.
It has to be him. The same structure, the same hair, if only he could turn around and you get a look at those gorgeous eyes.
Realizing your pants are wet from how many times you fell, you rush to the elevator eager to get out of sight.
However, you aren't quick enough and hear a deep, raspy, "Excuse me?".