|5|

::

Naomi P.O.V.

"Good luck, be safe, don't die," I say to my students, taking one last glance at their nervous faces before dropping down into the section where I see a flash of pink hair. As I fall, my hands fly through a familiar set of hand signs, the jutsu coming naturally to me as a great first attack tactic.

"Earth Style: Stone Pistol Jutsu," I say, shooting five bullets from my mouth above Sakura. The girl looks up, spotting the small bullets scattered around her mid air. She eyes them suspiciously, not understanding why I would send a jutsu that wouldn't hit her directly.

The tricky thing about this jutsu is the fact that as the bullets travel through the air, they grow larger. And that's exactly what happened with these.

Sakura sucks in a sharp breath as she witnesses the bullets grow indefinitely, on course to crush her instantly with no way to dodge in time. I watch in fascination as she pulls her fist back, preparing to punch the boulder directly above her.

My eyes widen as I land lightly, watching as she throws her punch at the perfect time and utterly destroys the boulder. If she hits me with that, I'm dead. I never expected her to have such enormous strength at her disposal, even with Tsunade's training... looks like I'll have to use genjutsu after all.

As the pieces of rock fall around her and the other boulders crash to the ground, I take the chance to cast the Sly Mind Affect Technique without her knowing, so that now if she tried to escape to find her friends it wouldn't work.

"Come on out. You were the one to create those mud walls earlier, weren't you? So you're an earth style user..." Sakura calls out, carefully watching her surroundings for me to make my presence known. I stay silent, opting to wait a little longer until I strike. It's also an advantage that she doesn't know that I can also use water style and genjutsu.

After making her wait for a few more minutes, she grows impatient and begins to lazily scan her surroundings, making it easier for me to attack her. Weaving hand signs, I touch my palm to the ground and look towards my target, prepared to tire her out.

"Earth Style: Mud Wave."

I come rushing towards Sakura at top speeds from her left, riding a wave of rocks that carry me along. She glances at me, analyzing my appearance so that she knows just who she's up against before she jumps back a distance, preparing to smash her fist into my jutsu to destroy it.

Right as I'm about to make contact with her, I direct my jutsu to the right so that she misses her punch. As she's stumbling, I jump off of the wave and aim a kick for the middle of her back. Surprisingly enough, as she is stumbling she stops herself by planting her foot into the dirt and throws her other leg back, countering my kick with her own as she pushes her hands against the ground to keep her balance.

Blinking indifferently, I flip away a good distance and stand up straight, giving Sakura a good view of me and my headband.

"Shimogakure? What could you possibly want with Konoha?" she asks, clearly shocked that we are the ones attacking. I tilt my head to the side mockingly, my jade eyes flickering with mischief.

"My apologies, but I'm not obliged to tell you."

"That's alright, I'll just beat it out of you," Sakura threatens, cracking her knuckles with a smirk. I don't react, merely blinking once again.

"You have every right to beat me to your heart's content, since I am the one who initiated this attack. However, I won't just keel over and let you. I will defend myself with all of my strength and attack you with just as much. It's a shame we have to fight like this, I actually hate these kinds of missions but I will do as I am ordered," I state confidently.