|8|

::

Atsuko P.O.V.

I heave a deep breath, watching as Masaru dives down into his quadrant where he would be facing Kakashi Hatake. To say I was worried for him would be an understatement.

I was terrified that he wouldn't make it out of this alive.

But, I have to trust Naomi-sensei's plan and follow through on my part. Naruto Uzumaki is just below me, and my job is to capture him.

Easier said than done.

I silently pull out my katanas and jump down to where Naruto Uzumaki is standing, the jutsu from Kenji having faded away. He immediately spots me and growls, creating a shadow clone next to him.

"Who the hell are you?! And why are you attacking us?!" Naruto demands, pointing an accusatory finger at me. I sigh at his loud voice, bringing my katanas up in front of my face in an 'X'.

"My name is Atsuko, pleasure to meet you. As for why you are currently being attacked... you're a shinobi, you should already know. I'm just completing my mission."

With that, I dash forwards, my katanas trailing behind me as I come closer and closer to Naruto and his clone. The two jump back, a strange sphere appearing in his hand from the help of his clone.

Perhaps the secret technique I should be worried about?

Definitely.

"Rasengan!" Naruto shouts, his hand off to his side with the jutsu in his palm. Knowing that my precious blade would break from that jutsu, I place the hilt of the right sword in my mouth and perform one handed hand signs, much to Naruto's surprise.

In my head I chant the name of the jutsu, Ice Sword Technique, and create a sword of ice in my hand to combat against the incoming Rasengan.

The two clash, and while I can tell that my ice blade is holding up better than my katana would have, the strength of the jutsu is definitely too strong for it to hold back for much longer.

Gritting my teeth against the hilt of my sword in concentration, I swipe my left arm up with the other half of my katana set, careful not to cut myself, and aim for Naruto's wrist.

The blond boy sees it in time and backs off before his hand is chopped clean off of his body, landing in a crouched position.

"You are using ice release..." Naruto notes, his cerulean eyes narrowing on me. I nod my head, dispersing the ice sword in my right hand and taking the katana out of my mouth.

"My full name is Atsuko Yuki, the sole heiress of the Yuki clan. Although, I'm not too keen on being expected to create a great and powerful clan again... Not like there is anyone to tell me that."

Naruto seems conflicted about something, much to my confusion. Against anyone else, I probably would take this time to attack them again, but something in Naruto's eyes has me paused in place, as if he knows something important.

"I knew someone else with the last name Yuki. I fought against him around 4 years ago... he died protecting the man he was with, though," Naruto reveals, much to my surprise.

"What was his name? I don't recall there being a family other than my own in the Yuki clan 4 years ago... unless they were from the Land of Water? But that's impossible, my mother left there before I was born because there was no one else in the clan alive..." I mutter, my eyebrows scrunched in confusion.

"His name was Haku, he was travelling with one of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, named Zabuza Momochi," Naruto explains hesitantly gauging my reaction.