|9|

::

"We need to send word to Lord Gorou," Naomi says, the crackling fire before her lighting up her emerald eyes in the night. Atsuko sits across from her, nodding in agreement as she keeps her eyes trained on the tree line.

With Masaru and Kenji pretty badly injured, they decide to set up camp near where they had attacked Team Kakashi, the two injured boys each sleeping in a couple of tents. It was decided that Naomi would sleep in the tent with Masaru and Atsuko would sleep in the tent with Kenji so that they could each keep an eye on them, in case something were to happen.

"What are we going to do, Naomi-sensei? If we were to have actually captured Naruto, war could have broken out and we would have been the cause of it," Atsuko expresses, shaking her head sorrowfully. Naomi sighs, summoning a bird to carry the message to the Yukage of what had happened.

"I'm sending word now to Lord Gorou on this predicament. Tomorrow morning we will head back to Shimo and talk to him about what happened. If he is planning on trying again, we will do everything in our power to stop him. If he can be reasoned with, we will send word to Konoha to formally apologize and tell them that we won't be attacking them again."

"What's going to happen to us, Naomi-sensei? Lord Gorou will not be happy with us..." Atsuko murmurs, clenching her hands together tightly. Naomi removes her Shimogakure headband, looking at the symbol sorrowfully.

"I'm not sure. I'll try to protect you three, though. I am the sensei and should take responsibility," Naomi decides, squeezing the metal of her headband frustratedly.

"We will just take it in stride. I'm going to bed, Naomi-sensei. Wake me up when you need me to take watch," Atsuko says, silently climbing into her tent and laying down next to the sleeping Kenji, who was tightly bandaged on his back.

As soon as Naomi is alone, she releases a long sigh, resting her head in her hands tiredly. She wasn't sure what was going to happen to her and her team, but it sure wasn't going to be good.

::

After 2 days of travel, Team Naomi finally arrives back in Shimogakure. Masaru and Kenji were sore and definitely needed some time off of the field for a while, but other than that nobody was seriously injured or maimed.

"Normally I would say to go drop your stuff off at home before we go debrief the mission with Lord Gorou, but I think we need to see him first," Naomi advises, the three teens next to her agreeing.

"This will be one hell of a meeting..." Kenji mutters out, flinching as he stretches out his back. Masaru nods from beside him, expression indifferent as usual but a strange nervous aura emitting from the male.

"Well, if this is it I love you all," Atsuko mutters sarcastically as they approach the Yukage tower. Her teammates each give her an unamused expression, to which she shrugs and opens the door where Lord Gorou is sitting.

His face is devoid of any emotion, something the four of them were not used to seeing. His eyes seem to narrow as they set on Naomi, definitely not happy with the young jounin and her leadership skills.

"Team Naomi. I received word that your mission failed. It's not very often that a team as elite as yours fails, so please, explain," Gorou hisses out through gritted teeth, a venomous glare directed towards Naomi as she steps up.

"We found and ambushed Team Kakashi, following the plan that I had designed. As we were each fighting, I learned some... interesting news as to why we were capturing Naruto Uzumaki. I decided it was in our best interest to retreat, since both Masaru and Kenji were badly injured in their respective fights."