Chapter 6

Heres a new chapter :)
Sorry it's taken so long!! Life's been hectic, but here's a new chapter.
Enjoy, and comment any suggestions or comments ♡
Ellie 💗

Ruby took considerably longer than usual to clear tables near Emma and Regina. She heard small snippets of the conversation, but enough to understand. 

Emma mentioned something about only being a pay ticket, and that she was adopted for money. Regina then mentioned something about cutting, and everything was put in place, and Ruby understood everything now. 

The late starts.

The way Emma protested violently when Granny had suggested switching to short sleeved shirts.

Why she was always alone. She finally realised that was habit, not choice. Or so she thought.

The name Henry was mentioned at some point, but she couldn't figure out which context. Emma mentioned it first, but Ruby was too far away to hear what was being said exactly. When Emma looked like she had finished talking, Regina pulled her into her classic 'I'm here for you' hug, so whoever Henry was, he was or is important to Emma personally. 

(Switch to Regina's perspective)

Emma has a son. An actual, human, very much alive, son. This changes everything, but also nothing. My heart breaks for this poor girl. Her mum and dad left her abandoned at the side of the road. That must be heart breaking. She finally found a family she got along with, 12 years later. That family give her up. Then this cow called Jane adopted her, and forces her to clean the house, work to pay the bills, Emma had to threaten to go to social services about everything just to be allowed to go to school. How can anyone hurt such a pure, amazing girl? She's perfect in every single sense of the word, how can this woman not see this? 

"Emma, I have a crazy idea, but just hear me out, okay?"

"Okay?"

"I know about your past, and you probably know about my dad because of those stupid notes that were plastered around school, but my mums never been around, dad said she died when I was very young. That means that I live in a pre-paid house, with 5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and nobody to stay with me. You're over 16 now, so am I. It isn't illegal for you to leave."

"Are you saying- what are you saying?" Emma queried, with an unreadable facial expression.

"I'm saying, well I know we don't know each other very well, and I know it's strange, but I can't bear to hear what you have to put up with. Why don't you stay at mine? My dad isn't gunna come back, not for a long long time at least, and the house is being legally changed to my name in 4 days, so he wouldn't be able to say anything even if he did. You don't have to answer right away, but we can set aside a day to learn everything about one another, we can learn the small idiotic details to the life changing events we've been through, but the offer is there. You're welcome to stay for as long as you need, if you want to. You also mentioned that Henry hasn't been adopted yet, yes?"

Emma just nodded.

"Okay, well if you take up my offer, it stands for him as well. You're his mum."

And with that, I turned on my heel and walked out of Granny's, Emma stayed standing there, I'm not sure if she looked angry or grateful, but I've done what I can.