Chapter 8

Hey, I'm trying my hardest to upload more regularly as I didn't for quite a long time, so apologies for that!!

Anyway, here's chapter 8, hope you enjoy :)

It was around 7.40ish, and Regina had just begun to run a bath. After seeing Emma earlier, and finding out, well, everything, she was finding it quite hard to relax. Just as she began to remove her jumper, the doorbell rang. She was concerned, as not many people came round here now her dad was gone.

She slid her slippers back on, and went downstairs. She looked through the peep hole, and saw the back of a blonde head. Emma. Regina opened the door, and her heart broke into a million different pieces looking at the girl in front of her. 

Emma was a mess. Her eyes were swollen and red, probably from crying, and there were tear tracks down her face.

"Hey. Is that offer still- still open?"

"Of course. Please, do come in"

Emma walked in and looked at the house around her. It was beautiful. She had never really payed attention to the house before, but looking at it now, it must have cost a fortune. Everything was pristine, not a spec of dirt anywhere to be seen.

"You're bedroom can be one of four spares, first two are upstairs first door on the left, one second on the right, a third downstairs through the sitting room and second door on the left, or there's a basement conversion just down those stairs. My rooms third on the right upstairs. Three of the rooms have en-suite bathrooms, the basement doesn't through, but there's one opposite the basement door. Please, make yourself at home and come and let me know which one you would like to stay in. Three are pretty bare, only a bed and some drawers, but I believe there's a spare Xbox-One and TV in one of the rooms we can move to whichever you decide upon. Do you need anything else?"

"Wow. Thank you Regina, thank you."

"No thanks needed, that's what friends are for." She said with a smile. 

Friends

"I'm going to take a bath quickly, then I was planning of making some pasta for dinner. Would you like some?"

"If it isn't any trouble"

"Hey. Now we're living together, none of that talk. We help one another, that's the way it goes."

"Okay. Thank you. I'm going to go and look at the different rooms now. See you soon, Regina." 

Shivers went down Regina's spine. The way Emma says her name is just so different. Then again, Emma's different. 

Emma looked at the rooms downstairs first, the basement was pretty nice, but it was like a while other apartment from its size, and that was pretty intimidating. She looked at the first one upstairs, and the colour theme for the bed, drawers and curtains was pink. She was out of that room pretty damn quickly. She went towards the room next to Regina's, and walked in. This is the room she chooses. 

The curtains are a mustard yellow colour, and floor length. The bed was a double, and the sheets were matching yellow, grey and white in an Inala style (shown below) and they had matching pillow cases. 

The drawers were the same shade of yellow too, and they have seven drawers, with the TV and X-Box on top

The drawers were the same shade of yellow too, and they have seven drawers, with the TV and X-Box on top. Bonus. There's also a white desk with small drawers on the left hand side along the same wall as the door. 

After bringing her bag upstairs, and putting her laptop on her desk, and unpacking her clothes, a thought hit her. Henry.

She walked out of her room, and walked next door and knocked on Regina. "Hey Ems, come in".

Emma smiled at the nickname. "Hey Gina, just wanted to let you know, I chose next door. The yellow room"

Regina chuckled. "Yeah, from the look of your car I thought you might have. Are you alright, Emma?" She asked with concern.

"Well, actually, no. I'm not. My step-mum, Jane. She's arranging to adopt Henry. In 2 weeks."

"You know what that means then."

"That I've lost him."

"No. It means, we're both going to call in sick to school tomorrow. We're going to go the the children's shops. Buy clothes, toys, anything a child needs and wanted to be happy. Then whilst I set it all up in the pink but soon to be grey room, you're going to call childs services, and challenge her for your son. He has a right to be with his mother, and they know that too. The adoption isn't final until the child agrees. You're his mother. Now, let's get going. We have a lot of work to do, firstly were going to paint the room tonight, then it'll be dry enough for the stuff we're putting in it tomorrow."

"Really?!?!? You would do that for me? Why are you helping, what's in it for you?"

"I get to see a child grow up happy with his mother. It's all I wanted, and it's what every child deserves."

"Than-"

"No. This isn't something I need thanking for. Now come on, lets have dinner, clean up and then start painting. I'm sure we have the right shade in the storeroom at the end of the hall."

"Okay. Let's go."

Okay so there's Chapter 8! Sorry it look longer to write than usual, I had some news that threw me off writing for a little bit, but I'm back!!