2.

January 2019
Royal Rumble

As Rebecca walked into catering, she grabbed her food then sat next to her best friend Ashley.

It was he royal rumble, one of the biggest pay-per-views of the year. It would definitely be one of the biggest, if not the biggest, night of Rebecca's career for sure.

"You still haven't talked to him?" Ashley asked and Rebecca shook her head

Her and Colby hadn't spoke much since the night of their date. It seemed awkward between them lately... they both knew why, they just wouldn't admit it.

"You have to talk to him at some point" Ashley said

"I know.. just not tonight, I need to focus" Rebecca said

Rebecca prepared for her match against Asuka. As she was stretching, there was a knock on her locker room door...

"Good luck out there" Colby poked his head in

"Thanks Colbs, you too" she smiled

There goes those damn butterflies again.. now he had her all flustered before her match...

"Damn it" she muttered under her breath after he'd left

Colby watched Rebecca's match in gorilla, he watched her tap out, he watched her walk backstage, he saw the sad look in her face when she walked through that curtain.

"Go cheer her up" Joe nudged him "she seems like she needs it"

Colby slowly made his way through the sea of people and to Rebecca. He grabbed her hand and gently squeezed it, when she looked up at him through her eyelashes, he gave her a small smile.

"You seem beat" he said and she laughed a little

"Just a little" she said "but I've got a surprise later on, just wait"

"Do I have to?" He asked and she nodded

"Yes Colby, you have to wait" she said

They walked hand in hand to her locker room, surprisingly, she invited him in. He sat on the small sofa and she sat next to him. Absentmindedly, his arm rested on the back of the sofa behind her. After a few moments he felt her body become heavier against his, he knew she was exhausted, but he had to get ready for his match... but would he get up and disturb her? Absolutely not.

He shifted so he was laying down, she was practically on top of him, his fingers drew shapes on her back as she peacefully slept.

"Rebecca.." Ashley said barging in and Colby shushed her immediately "Your match is in 25 minutes!" She whisper-yelled "your not even stretched or anything!"

"I don't care" Colby shook his head "she's exhausted and I'm not gonna wake her"

"That's cute" she awed "anyways.. I'll just leave"

Ashley left and Colby realized he had to get up at some point. He gently moved Rebecca off of him and he slipped out from under her. He took off his jacket and draped it across her upper half since she was still in her gear.

He wrote a little note and placed it on the table before leaving to prepare for the men's rumble.

I'm sorry I had to leave, come find me after my match:)

Rebecca woke up about 45 minutes later. She looked around and realized what she'd done.

"Shit" she mumbled "why the hell did I do that?"

She noticed the note on the table and smiled as she read it. She quickly put on Colby's jacket that he left and made her way to gorilla to watch the ending of the men's rumble.

She watched as Colby stood tall and took in all the glory... he's dreamt of this moment for a long time and it was finally a reality.

As he made his way backstage and into people congratulating him, watching to do interviews... anything else they needed from him after that huge win.

Rebecca waited patiently in the corner for him to get done. After a while, she couldn't wait any longer.. she walked over to where he was doing an interview for his 365 documentary that would be coming out later that year.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and he wrapped his around her waist.

"You did amazing out there" she said into his neck

"Thank you baby" he said and hugged her even tighter, that word made Rebecca feel some type of way... just the sound of his voice calling her that, the butterflies had made their return...

Colby eventually figured out she would be in the women's rumble, when Lana got 'injured' and Rebecca was in gorilla, he put two and two together.

He watched as her and Ashley fought it out, then he watched her tweak her knee. He knew she was amping up the amount of pain she was in for the coming storyline, but he also knew she was hurting.

When Ashley was eliminated, the crowd went nuts. Colby couldn't contain his excitement either, Joe had to calm him down before he got himself too worked up.

As Rebecca walked backstage, she maneuvered through everyone wanting to congratulate her or do an interview... she went straight to Colby, who was waiting for her in the corner.

"I told you I had a surprise" she smiled as he grabbed her waist and gently pulled her into him

"And I have one too" he smiled

Everything felt like it was in slow motion... Rebecca felt his lips crash into hers and she almost immediately reacted and kissed him back.