4.

April 2019
Wrestlemania

April 7th, 2019 was the biggest night in both Colby and Rebecca's careers. They each had huge matches that night, he would be challenging Brock Lesnar for the universal title while she would be main eventing later that night.

Right before Colby went on, he was practically sitting in nerves. Rebecca was standing next to him, she grabbed his hand and gently squeezed it. He looked down at her and she smiled before his music hit.

"You got this" she smiled before he walked out

She watched him walk out and take in all the glory, then Brock attacked... every time Colby would take a hit she'd flinch. Even if she wasn't the one getting beaten and tossed around, she felt every ounce of pain he didn't

The low blow...3 curb stomps...ref counting...bell ringing...him being handed the belt... it was all a dream come true.

Rebecca couldn't contain her excitement, Colby had always dreamt of this moment. Seeing someone you love accomplish everything they've worked for is a moment you never forget.

Colby walked backstage and was met with congratulations from other superstars and backstage producers. He shook hands with people, hugged Claudio and Joe before finding the one person he wanted to see.

"You did it" Rebecca said as she wrapped her arms around his neck

He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer, she was always the best person to come to after a big win like this.

"I'm so proud of you, you deserve this" she said before she felt his lips crashing into hers

Later on that night, Rebecca was sitting in hair and makeup waiting for them to start when Colby came up.

"I need tequila" she sighed and he laughed

"We can have all the tequila you want later" he said "you've got to kick some ass before you have any" he smiled and kissed the back of her hand

About an hour before Rebecca went out... she was pacing in nerves. She'd never gotten this nervous before a match like this, sure this was just the main event of wrestlemania, the match she'd been dreaming about forever, but it was still the same ring, the same people she'd been in a ring with before, just over 80,000 people would be watching live rather than the maybe 10,000 she was used to.

Colby saw how nervous she was, he'd never seen her this nervous. He knew she'd want to be left alone before a big match like this but he could watch her pace around like this without doing something.

"Hey" he said walking up behind her "you've got this"

"This is huge" she whispered "I never thought I'd get this far an I never thought I'd have to mentally prepare for a match like this"

"Tune everybody out, focus on Ashley and Ronda, that's what I do" he said "then.. when it's all over you can come back to me"

"And tequila" she added "don't forget the tequila"

"I'm starting to think your looking forward to seeing tequila more than you are me" he said and she laughed before quickly placing her lips on his

"Now leave.." she smiled "I gotta kick ass"

Colby watched from gorilla the entire time. He thought about what it would be like if he was the main event, then he snapped back into reality. She'd dreamt of this for so long and worked so hard, he wasn't going to be the one to take it away.

He watched her pin Ronda, it didn't fully set in until she was handed the belts, then he couldn't keep his composure.

Now I bet your thinking... isn't Rebecca supposed to be the one who's so happy and overwhelmed? Well yes... but for Colby, seeing someone you love accomplish everything they've ever wanted is the best feeling in the world... priceless.

Colby waited patiently in the corner until she finally made her way over to him. She immediately wrapped her arms around him and he did the same.

"Did I do good?" Rebecca asked

"Incredible" he replied "you were absolutely incredible, I couldn't be more proud"

Rebecca pulled away just in time to see him wipe the tears from his eyes. She slightly laughed since she'd never seen him get so emotional about something like this before.

"You fucked me up.." he said before he grabbed her face in his hands and sent his lips crashing into hers

After a moment, he pulled away and said something he'd been wanting to say for the longest time...

"I love you"

Rebecca was stunned. She didn't expect him to say that right then and there in front of everybody. But before she knew anything, she knew how she felt.

"I love you too"