9.

December 2019

"Merry Christmas love" Rebecca said against Colby's chest

They were in Ireland, instead of staying at her moms house, they opted to stay at a hotel. It gave them their time together since it was their first Christmas.

"Merry Christmas baby" Colby kissed the top of her head "you want coffee?"

"No" she mumbled "I want to stay right here"

Colby thought she was adorable when she was like this. Every morning she'd beg him not to move and she tighten her grip on him. Usually he'd stay right there until she was ready to get up but this morning, he needed her to get up so he could give her something.

"You have to get up" he said and moved away from her, she groaned and tried to move him back but he just picked her up and sat her on the edge of the bed

"It's 7 in the fucking morning" she said "can we go back to bed please?"

"If we go back to bed, we're going to miss breakfast" he said

"Beanhive doesn't open until 8" she said, referring to her favorite cafe

"It opens in 10 minutes for us" he said and she looked at him confused "I asked if they'd open it early just for me and you"

"Really?" She questioned "just for us?"

"Yes, now get moving since you were complaining we only got 10 minutes" he said and pulled her up off the bed

They ate breakfast, after they were done, Colby took Rebecca to her favorite place, the pier.

They sat on the bench by the water and just enjoyed the sight. It wasn't very often Rebecca got to come back home, she loved it here, Colby knew that. He made it a point to try and come here with her when he could, he even talked about moving here after they retired.

"You know how we talked about moving here?" He said and she nodded "I put an offer on a house a few weeks ago"

"I know, I was the one who declined it" Rebecca said and his eyes snapped to hers "you can't leave Davenport Colby, you've got your school and the coffee shop, your whole life is there"

"I would uproot my entire life if it meant you were happy here" he said and she shook her head

"I'm happy right where I am, with you, wherever that is" she said "whether we're in Iowa, Ireland or Alaska, I'm happy as long as I'm with you"

"So you want to move to Alaska?" He joked and she laughed

"My point is, I don't care where we live. As long as I get to be with you, that's all that matters" she said "but we're not leaving Davenport just yet, I want our kids to grow up in a quiet town, and Dublin isn't the quietest place"

"So now this is about kids?" He questioned "I thought kids weren't in the picture until you retired?"

"I was thinking maybe after mania, we try and have one" she said "my career can go on hold for a while.."

"Whatever you want, as long as I've got you locked down for life, I'm good" he said and her head rested on his shoulder

"Us forever" she said