7.

*A/N: trying to get to current time, I'll be writing about the important stuff and then in the next few chapters it'll be in current time!*

August 2019

Colby and Rebecca had been dating for roughly 6 months at this point. It had hands down been the best months of their life, even the rough patches that came along.

They were walking along a beach in Maui, it was beautiful to say the least. They'd both asked for a couple weeks off to take a much needed vacation.

Rebecca thought it was just a getaway, in a sense it was but Colby also had a surprise planned. He started the process back in June to get a custom engagement ring made, even if they'd only been together for 6 months, he knew she was the one.

As they walked along the rocks hand in hand, Colby thought this would be the perfect time.

"Hey take a picture of the sunset" he said handing her his phone "it's beautiful"

Rebecca complied but when she turned around, the sight she saw was enough to break her. Colby was down on one knee with a ring in his hand.

"From the minute I saw you 6 years ago, I felt something that I'd never felt before. It only took me 6 years to realize that I was in love with you. Just something about this Irish woman that made my whole word turn upside down. You are the best thing that's ever happened to me, by far. I don't ever want to go another day without calling you mine, the first time we kissed I knew it was over for me. Your the most hardworking, caring, talented, and I mean your breathtaking.." that got a small giggle from her "Your my forever, I just hope I can be yours... so Rebecca, will you marry me?"

"Of course" she smiled and colby stood up so their lips met

"Do you understand what you just signed up for?" He questioned "you actually want to deal with me for the rest of your life?"

"Even if you act like a 4 year old sometimes, I still love you... endlessly" she said and placed her lips back on his

*A/N: ok this chapter is short I'm sorry😬*