Chapter 01

Let me first explain about me. My name is Aaryan Uzaid Shujah. I'm a Sri Lankan but I work at Emirates. I work for a construction company. My dream was to become an engineer, but I had to stop my studies in half due to unavoidable reasons. I live in a small apartment which has a living room, two bedrooms and of course there's also a bathroom. I mean two bathrooms.

Another thing about me is, I'm not alone. I share my house with Ruhaima Oniza Ameer, my so called wife. I got married to her three months before. She's the reason why I'm living in a house with two bedrooms. In one me and in the other, her.

The few things I know about her is, she's not a Sri Lankan  but her parents were. She's born here in Emirates. Her father died when she was very small and her mother married again. But she lost her mother too when she was high schooling. After that she've been living with her step-father, Not for too long because she got married to me.

Let me explain how we got married so that it's easier to understand my story.

"Uzaid, don't you want to see me happy?" Asked my grand mother when I returned from college one day. I lived with her because both my parents  divorced when I was six and they both didn't want me.

"You were a mistake!"

That is what they told me. A mistake! My grand parents adopted me but my grand father died three years back.

"I of course want to see you happy. Do I make you sad ma?" I asked her.

"You really do. Please stop this," she pointed my bag. "And find a job."

"But ma, I want to finish my studies and treat you like a queen."

"But son, I want to see you do a work. My time is almost over here and you do keep me like a queen." She said taking my hand in hers.

I felt a pinch of pain in my chest when she spilled those words.

"Ma, I'm already doing a job. Moreover you still look like a young princess. You have many more days to live!" I tried to convince her. She smiled but gave me a pleading look.

"Okay, I'll find a job." I agreed. Her face lit up and she pulled me and engulfed me in a hug. Though I know I'll have to give up my dreams, I was happy to see her happy.

Later I tried many jobs online and I was called for five interviews. I was rejected from the first two interviews. At the third one, they were satisfied with the knowledge and the interest I had for engineering. But they wanted me to work at their main branch in Emirates.

As I did not want to leave my grand mother, I said her that I'll try for the next two interviews but she insisted me to agree to this job. I agreed but I was sad to leave her behind.

I departed for Emirates and worked for two months and came back because my grand mother was hospitalised.

"Mama wants to talk to you." Was the first thing my uncle told me when he saw me.

I have no close relationship with any of my family relatives. I was cornered by everyone just like my parents did.

"I will. Is she inside?" I asked him and he nodded. Opening the door to her room, I went inside.

"What happened to my ma?" I asked sitting beside her. She was looking pale and I got a weird feeling that she's gonna leave me.

"I think my BP level increased."
That happens frequently from the time I left her.

"I'm so happy because you agreed to me and found a job but I want you to do another one favour. Consider it my last wish."

"Anything for you." I rubbed her hair.