Epilogue

As I received my certificate, I went directly to Kareem uncle. Nothing would have been possible without him. He was and is my inspiration.

"Jazakallahu khair so much, uncle..." I said giving him a hug.

"I'm so happy for you my son.. you don't have to thank me, anyways waiyyak."

I consider you as my own brother.

Closing my eyes, I thanked him as well. After all, he's the one who wanted me to continue my studies.

And many many praises to Allah for helping me achieve my goal! Alhamdulillah!

"Now, I have a qualified young engineer." Said Kareem uncle pulling back from the hug.

"You already have so many!" I said smiling.

He of course has minimum of thirty qualified engineers per branch and he has branches around the world.

"But I trust few, Aaryan. I wanted someone to hand over everything. It's my time to take some rest." He suddenly sounded very old.

"Uncle," I was shocked. "I can't do that. I can work for you but not as you."

"I thought that my son would take over the company after me." He said sadly while looking down at his wrinkled hands.

"I know uncle. Rizlan would have surely taken..."

"I'm talking about you." He interrupted me.

"Pardon?"
I don't like it when people are too nice to me. I think I heard him wrong.

"I thought that you won't refuse." He looked at me and kept a hand on my shoulder. "I meant it everytime I called you 'my son'. I had many dreams about you. It's okay my son, I'm not forcing you."

Elders have a very nice way of emotionally blackmailing the poor youngsters.

"Okay," I took a deep breath. "As you wish uncle. But I'm doing it only for you." I agreed.

"Not for me. Do it for Allah. He'll reward you my son. Insha'Allah!" He ran his fingers through my hair.

I always saw my grandfather in him. I agreed only because I didn't want to see his sad face. He has no idea of the burden he put on me but I will do it for him as his son. I owe him a lot.

I dropped uncle home and thanked him again.

"I have another one more request son. I know I'm asking too much from you but can you?" Asked Kareem uncle.

"What is it uncle? Tell me. I'm sure I can do it." I replied holding his hand.

"You can't take over things from here. You'll have to migrate to Qatar. I can arrange everything for you there. Some issues has to be cleared. I want someone trustworthy to handle it."

"But uncle, is it okay if I let you know tonight?" I asked because I've to ask her.

He gave me a knowing smile. "No problem, you can ask her and let me know."

He knows me too well. I smiled at him and hugged him again before I take his leave.

Parking the car near a park, I took my laptop to Skype Shameel.

"Assalamu alaikum dude! I greeted as I saw him appear on the screen.

Everytime I greet, I remember the one who taught me to greet.

"Walaikum salam Dost" How did everything go today?" Asked Shameel.

"Alhamdulillah! All went well. John and Paras too were there at the graduation. "