Chapter 10

"How dare you talk to a girl like that? Have you looked at yourself in the mirror?" Asked Shameel angrily.

Rizlan was just busy punching him. I doubt whether this man will survive from him.

"You moron! What do you think of yourself? Go and find someone for your age!" If I wasn't angry at the moment I would have laughed at Shameel.

I was busy consoling the girl who was sobbing in my arms.

"Oniza, shhhh, it's okay. He can't do anything now. Okay? We're here." She shook her head hiding it in my chest. I could feel my shirt wet.

An unexplainable anger rised when I looked at her step-father. But the person in my arms is more important to me than him.

"Aaryan, you take care of her, we'll take care of this bastard!" Shameel spat the last word.

"But Shameel, he's..."

"He's right, Aaryan," Rizlan spoke for the first time. "You take her. We'll see what to do for this... man." He kicked him again. I nodded and took Oniza with me to our apartment.

I made her sit on the sofa and decided to give her a glass of water, but she caught my wrist.

"I'm not scared... I... thought that I'll not get to see you again." She said, fear evident in her eyes.

Her words stabbed me again. Why does she love me so much? I did nothing to her. I'm ashamed of myself.

Why don't you give it a chance?

I knelt in front of her, holding both her hands. "Someone is scared of losing me?" I tried to tease only to bring the beautiful smile back on her face and she did.

"That's my girl. You're braver than you think, Oniza.!" I complemented giving a pinch on her soft cheek.

What did I do? OMG! I'm also braver than I think...

Her cheeks turned a shade of scarlet and I soon got up before I feel all those tingles. I went to the kitchen and got her a glass of water. When I'm back, she looked just like a tomato!

"Here drink this." I offered her the water.

"I didn't open the door. I-I Just checked the lock. When I opened the lock, he pushed open it. I didn't know what to do so I hit from the vase." She explained like a little girl.

I turned around and for a nano second I thought that I'm in the wrong apartment. It was such a mess! There were glass pieces everywhere! I'm thankful for me for not removing my shoes.

"You take some rest. I'll do the cleaning." I said looking around.

"But..."

"No, I'll do." I said helping her to stand.

"I'll help you. All these are because of me." Guilt washed over her face.

"And I'm more than happy to clean it as it's because of you." I said and her cheeks turned scarlet again.

Her body was still shivering and I could sense that she was scared though she doesn't show it. I helped her to her room.

I always thought that girls are better than boys when it comes to cleaning but Oniza proved me wrong. Her room was a mess. First time in my life I thought that my room isn't bad. It's not that I mess my room but I have no time to clean it. If I'm to clean my room, I'll have to take minimum of six months leave.

Her clothes were stacked on a chair and the bed sheet was off the bed. Her cosmetics on the dressing table were worst. Non of those were kept straight.