The only hope for me is you

As I wake up I feel Gerard stroking my hair. I look at my teacher who is leaning on his elbow, smiling down at me. 'Morning beautiful' I yawn and smile back. 'How long have I been sleeping?' 'About 14 hours. You were tired I guess.'

I giggle but then realise it's morning. My head shoots up in panic. 'SHIT, MY MOM, SHE WONT KNOW WERE I AM!' Gerard gently pushes my head back down.

'I sent her a text on your phone, your at Ray's right now.' I breath again and sink back down into the soft pillow. 'Frankie. I need to ask you something.' I look up at him, his face is full of worry yet he's still stroking my hair. 'Whats up?' He breaths out and his smile drops.

'Do you regret yesterday? Because I understand. We can forget the whole thing. I'll just be you're teacher and everything will be fine. I won't hold anything against you.'

I frown and sit up, he let's go of my hair. 'Why would I regret it Gerard?' 'Because I'm 6 years older. Not to mention I'm just a teacher who hates his life, dreams completely shredded. Your still young. You can still do awesome things. Me. I'm just a nobody.'

I frown more and shuffle closer to him. He looks upset, he closes his eyes and I can see a tear roll down his beautiful face. 'Why are you saying these things? Your not a nobody! You're a talented artist! A role model! Your you. What's wrong with that?'

'Do you think I wanted to be a teacher Frank? I actually wanted to have my art hung up in gallery's, to inspire people. I'm just a teacher that you will all forget about when you leave to do better things!' I pull at his arm so that he rolls over and lays next to me. 'You inspire me. And I definitely won't forget you.'

I look at him, he is looking at the ceiling. 'You will. When you've got a family and an awesome job. You won't give me a second thought. You shouldn't do though, when your older and living somewhere nicer with your family I'll still be here. No dreams. No future. ' He starts to cry. The confident, perfect, self-assured man I thought he was doesn't exist.

He's crumbling in front of me and I don't know what to do. 'Don't end up like me Frank. Just promise me one thing. Throughout your life don't end up like me. Your too good for this.' This is hurting me so much. Why does he hate himself?

I climb on top of him and kiss him with all I've got, I think I start crying. I'm angry.

'SHUT UP. JUST SHUT UP. YOU INSPIRE ME TO BE A BETTER PERSON. WHO SAYS TEACHING PEOPLE TO BE BETTER PEOPLE ISNT AN AWESOME JOB! WHO IS SAYING THAT I DONT WANT TO END UP LIKE THE MAN WHO IS THE NICEST PERSON I KNOW!'

Gerard just stares at me, I'm still above him red in the face. I go to speak again but I'm much quieter. 'Who is saying that I don't want a family....with you.' His voice hitches.

We stay still for a few seconds but suddenly he grabs my hair and hits me with a kiss. We kiss again, I roll off him to catch some air.

'Thank you Frank. Sometimes I just get myself worked up about things. I get carried away. Especially things I care about.' I turn to him again. 'So you do care about me? I'm just something to use to make out with?' I ask, worried about the answer. 'No, I use you for the awesome sex as well.' He says it straight faced but giggles at the end. 'Shut up!' I punch him.

It's Saturday so I don't have to go anywhere. Me and Gerard spend the day drawing, cooking, eating and watching movies under a blanket. He's the weirdest but best teacher I've ever had.

It's the part were Mrs. Voorhees suddenly turns violent and pulls out a bowie knife in Friday the 13th and I yelp. Gerard pulls me into a hug and kisses the top of my head. Our legs intertwined below the covers.

I feel so safe and happy it's unreal. I know Gerard feels the same way to. His body is so warm, I cuddle in closer. Resting my head on his chest. I feel a tapping on my forehead. I look up to find Gerard placing a truffle to my mouth. I happily eat it before resting back down into his shirt.

'So are we a thing Gee?' I ask, stroking his leg. 'If you want us to be.' I smile. 'I think I would like that.' 'Good because the only hope for me is you right now. You make me feel alive for the first time in years. You've given me a reason to look forward to the future.' I grin and move so I'm looking right at him. 'Fuck your hot' And with that I kiss him again.