Mama

Gerard gives me a lift to the end of my street. Not visible from my house. 'See you tomorrow babe.' Leaning over he gives me a sweet kiss. I kiss back. He holds my face slightly, I push into his touch.

'Your the weirdest boyfriend I've ever had Way.' I gaze into his eyes as he softly strokes my face. 'Your the most beautiful boyfriend I've ever had Iero.' I blush and look down. 'I'm sure that's not true.' 'No. It is. Your eyes. Your smile. Your cute nose. Your perfect, and illegal.'

We both giggle he breaths out heavily, stroke my cheek with his thumb. He then turns his head and starts kissing, sucking and bitting my neck. 'Sorry. I couldn't resist.' He smiles before moving his hand and letting go. 'You go. Are you ok? With the whole teacher student thing?'I smile. 'I'm ok.'

And with that I jump out of the car and run down the street. I wave before I turn the corner. He's perfect. Makes me feel so special, the way he looks at me. I could melt on the spot.

I open the door. Moms standing right behind it. 'You're an hour late.' She snaps. 'I had detention.' I speak just as sharp as her. She studies me, tilts her bony head to one side before walking slowly over to me. Suddenly she pulls my collar down. 'AND WHAT THE HELL IS THIS.'

I gulp. Shit, my hickeys. 'HAVE YOU SINNED? YOU KNOW NO SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE. WHO IS THIS GIRL?!' I sigh and shove her roughly. 'IM GAY. ACCEPT IT!' She goes red. 'No Frank your not.' She speaks quieter and shakes her head. ' I AM. AND YES I HAVE SINNED. WITH A MAN. MORE THAN ONCE. AND I ENJOYED IT.'

'Get. Out.' She speaks so quietly I don't quite hear her. I don't do anything. 'I SAID GET OUT. NOW.' I run up stairs in shock. My own mom is kicking me out? I shove everything I own in a carrier bag. I carry it on my right hand and my guitar in my left.

I run to my mum. 'Please don't do this!' She just glares at me. 'GET OUT! YOU AINT NO SON OF MINE! FAG.' I start to cry as I run out the door. As I leave the front garden I hear her voice. 'AND DONT COME BACK.'

I panic. Where will I go? One place springs to mind. The only place were I will be accepted. Gerard's. I run down my street, turn left, run down 15 blocks, turn right, then left. I soon find the familiar house. I run up and knock on the door.

Nothing. I knock again, still crying. No answer. All the lights are out, his car not there. He's not in. I cry more as I walk back down his path, his street, his block, until I cannot see the house any longer.

It dark, cold, I have no where to go. My tears sting my cheeks, cars rush by but I'm all alone. I just wonder the streets for hours. I don't even know where I am anymore. But I'm not lost if I have no home anyway right?

Backstreets, main roads, roundabouts go by, I'm pretty sure more than once. Round and round in circles I go. I'm still crying, guitar in hand. My legs get too tired. I sit on the floor under a streetlight. I start to sob more until I just bow my head between my knees and breakdown. I have no family. Not anymore. 'F..Frank?'

'Gerard?' I lookup. He hugs me. 'W..what are you doing here Gee?' 'I'm visiting my brother.' He points to a large block of flats to the right. 'Anyway....What are you doing here? This is nowhere near your house!'

I tap my large bin bag. 'Mom kicked me out.' Gerard gasps and picks me up and slings me over his shoulder while picking up my guitar case. 'Your coming back to mine!'

The then places me in his car. 'Gerard. No. I'll be in your way, it's not fair on you.' Gerard frowns. 'Why would I leave you in the cold. At least stay the night. I'll cook us a lasagne.' I don't want to argue with him so I stay quiet. The whole journey is quiet. 30 minutes go by and I realise how far I've walked. I'm not even in Newark anymore.

Soon enough we pull up to his house. Once I'm inside he drops my bags, walks towards me and wipes my tears. He leads me to the red sofa. 'Tell me what happened.'

'She saw my hickeys and told me i can't have sex before marriage. I think she knows I'm gay, she just won't except it. So when she asked to see my girlfriend I told her I had sex........with a guy. She kicked me out, disowned me and told me to never return.'

Gerard sniffles, on the edge of tears. 'This is all my fault I'm so sorry.' I shake my head. 'NO. It's not. I'm proud of who I am, thanks to you. If she doesn't accept me it's her problem.' Gerard hugs me tightly.

'Stay. Live with me. I want to take care of you.' I shake my head. 'No. I will get in your...' 'FRANK. I care for you! I want you in my life! Please.' I smile. He really does like me. 'I would love to.'

After tea he helps me unpack. I get into my bat man boxers and shuffle into bed with him. I feel his warmth, his shirt against my bare chest. I feel safe. 'Night Frank.' 'Night Gee.'