lets get lit

Your POV 

When you were told you won the Honor Award you didn't believe it. You are a hard worker but didn't think you deserved an award of this magnitude. Only one student each year was awarded it based on how they were with patients and how active they were in student organizations and so on. Essentially it was given to the student who works the hardest to spread themselves over more than just the curriculum. Winning this award didn't yield any prizes or scholarships, only notoriety and a shiny place on your resume. Because you graduate in a couple of months you've been applying and interviewing for positions at the hospitals around town. 

After some waiting, and what felt like a million interviews you were given a position at University Hospital on the Orthopedic floor! Your dream job! You call your parents and let them know the good news. 

"You won't make much money doing that honey, you should've gone to medical school," your mom tells you. 

"I agree with mom, nursing isn't taken as seriously as doctors." your dad adds. 

"Thank's for not being supportive guys." you hang up the phone and lay on your bed. Tears run down your cheek as you start to cry. As you think about what just happened, you start to become inconsolable. You hear a knock on your door and it creaks open after a few seconds. All three of the girls are standing in the hallway and move to get into bed with you. 

"y/n what's going on?" Sophia asks calmly. Her hand rubs your back as the sobs come out. 

Through sharp inhales you explain the situation and how you've never been able to make your parents happy. Your other five siblings were doctors and your parents had told you they were disappointed when you chose nursing. You turn on your back, looking at your friends watch you cry. One-by-one they give you a hug. 

"I know that it hurts you to hear them say that but all three of us are so proud of you," Shannon starts. 

"Yeah y/n, since freshman year we have seen you grow and become an amazing young woman." Sara continues, wiping the tears as the fall from your eyes. 

"We are so so so proud of you for finding a job, that is a big deal! Hows about this. Lets throw a party on Friday night to celebrate y/n getting a job. Invite whoever you want and lets party!!" Shannon grabs you and pulls you into a hug and onto the bed. Sara and Sophia add to the pile and you all scream. 

"Guys I don't know, who would I invite other than you guys? I mean I guess I could invite some girls from my class." you shrug. 

"Are there any hot guys at the gym that you want to invite? I'm sure there's some eye candy there that has caught your attention." Sophia nudges you. 

"Actually yeah," you wince, looking at the three who have bewildered looks on their face. 

"WHAT!" Sara is the first to say something. "Why haven't you told us?" 

"I-I don't know, the first day I went to the gym I fell and he came to help me. I've only seen him one more time since then and it was just a small conversation." you shrug. 

"What does he look like?" Shannon grabs your shoulder and looks directly in your eyes. 

"He's blonde with blue eyes like the ocean. He's a little taller than me, but super buff. Usually I don't like guys who are ripped but he's like....super hot." you chuckle to yourself. 

"We gotta meet this man. You're crushing hard dude," Sophia gives you a smile and sticks out her tongue.

"Okay, okay. I'll go to the gym tonight and see if I see him." you pinky promise each of them and they stand to leave.

Before they leave, you all have a group hug and scream.

"LET'S PARTAYYYYY!!!" 

... (It's Wednesday (my dudes) for reference)

After the three left your room, you change into workout gear and head to the gym. The gym has become a solace for you in times of stress, and this definitely counted, even though your friends already helped lower it a bit. You're wearing your favorite baby blue Lululemon short sleeve top, black high-waisted Nike leggings and your new blue gym shoes. Your hair is pulled into a high bun. 

Today, you decide, is butt day. Deadlifts, squats, lunges, and kettle-bell swings are the bulk of your workout. You hit the weights and get the workout going. The music is just right, keeping your mind busy and your muscles tired, each set feels good and you can feel yourself becoming stronger with each gym session. Your body has slimmed a bit, but your muscles in your legs and arms have grown. When you stretch your arms above your head and breathe out you are starting to see abs come in. 

As you place the bar back on the rack and put the weight plates back you spot Shayne again. He's at a pull up bar across the gym, wearing a tank top thats cut to expos his back. With each pull up you watch his shoulder blades move and muscles contract and relax, it was almost hypnotizing. As he hops down you see a blonde girl in tiny spandex shorts and a sports bra walk over to him and talk to him as he continues. His face looks displeased as she speaks and he shrugs her off, grabbing onto the bar again. She stands beneath him as he pulls, she has a sly smile on her face. After a few minutes she walks away, going into the locker room. 

He gets down and walks towards the weight section where you are. Panicking you grab your stuff and walk away to leave. As you pause at the water fountain to fill up your water bottle there's a tap on your shoulder. The surprise of it causes you to flinch, you turn to see his face looking worried. You pull out one of your headphones and laugh. 

"Sorry if I scared you," he gives you a small smile. 

"Not a big deal, i'm really jumpy," you pat his shoulder. 

"Hey listen, uhh I really want to get to know you better but since your in school I don't know when works best for you." He slicks his hair back and blushes at you. 

His offer surprises you a bit, but an idea pops into your head. Just do it. 

"Well actually me and my roommates are throwing a party on Friday and you're more than welcome to come! Bring a friend or two!" You offer, not sure if this is a good idea. 

His eyes light up. "Wait really? What's the celebration?" 

"Uh, just having a get together haha," you laugh. Liar. 

"That's great! I'd love to come! I'll bring my roommate and a friend or two from work!" 

"Here," you motion towards his phone, "i'll give you my number so I can send you the address." 

He gives you his phone and you type in your number. You put your name in his phone as 'nurse y/n'. After you hand it back to him he looks at what you typed and smiles. 

"i'll text you the details later, it was nice to see you," you give a slight smile, trying not to seem crazy.

"Same, i'm excited to hang with you outside of the gym." He nods. 

You turn and walk away. "See you Friday," you say over your shoulder. 

... 

You close the front door and put your back to it. 

"SHANNON, SARA, SOPHIA COME HERE." You yell into the house. 

A frenzy of footsteps comes your direction and all three run into view and come towards you. 

"What's wrong? Is everything okay? What's going on?" Saras face is puzzled when you laugh in response to her worries. 

"He's coming Friday." you roll your lips together and smile. 

"Dude, you've got more balls than I thought you did! Good for you!" Sophia pulls you off the door and gives you a hug. 

You whisper into her ear as she hugs you "I have a good feeling about this one Soph." 

...