parents

Shaynes POV

Today was fun, hanging out with Sophia and y/n was a good change of pace. Sophia gave me a list of books to read, but I was more curious to see where y/n had wondered off to. As a passed each isle there was no sight of her, that is until I reached the romance row. She stood there, leaning on her good leg with her arms wrapped around herself. Her eyes bounced around the rows of books, taking small steps down the isle as her gaze perused the spines. I stood at the end watching her but her eyes stayed transfixed on the books. Finally she pulls a book off the shelf and reads the back. Her head tilts to the side and the edges of her mouth curl into a smile, giving me the opportunity to make a move. I walk towards her and wrap my arms around her waist. 

Throughout the shopping trip I saw sadness flicker in y/ns' eyes as we shopped and Sophia only focused on me. She looked extremely sad when we walked into Hollister, so I had to make her smile. When I tried on the last outfit I didn't button the shirt because it actually didn't fit. I knew if I showed her she would like it, plus it was a way to see her happy. At the last store I tried to find things I knew she would look good in. As she tried each on, I was just happy to be there. She looked beautiful in all of the outfits, she just didn't look happy until the last one. The reason I agreed it was the one is because she looked radiant in it, I want her to feel confident when she meets my parents.

...

As she whispered in my ear I couldn't help but be surprised by what I was hearing. Every ounce of me wanted to do things to her but I knew there would be a better time and place.

I head back to my apartment and go to my room. I call my mom and dad and see what the plan is for tomorrow.

"Hey mom!" I say as the ringing stops. 

"Hey sweetie, how are you?" she says, the sound of dishes being washed in background.

"I'm good, just got back from shopping with my girlfriend and her friend." I say confidently.

"Nicole? I didn't know you two were back together," she sighs but is trying to sound nice.

"Actually no, it's someone I met a month or two ago. I was hoping you'd be okay with meeting her tomorrow at dinner." I knew she wouldn't mind, but wanted to tell her anyway.

"Of course! She could hangout with us all day if she wants. I'm excited to meet her! Does she have work tomorrow?"

"No, she's in school but you'll hear all about it tomorrow trust me." I smile.

"Okay hun, we should be in town around noon. We'll meet you a Moon Cafe for lunch. Bring your girlfriend if you want! What's her name?"

"Y/n. I'll ask her and let you know!"

"Alright, see you tomorrow! Your dad is calling me to bed. Love you!"

"Love you too mom." the call ends.

I contemplate between calling or texting y/n to ask if she wants hang out with my parents all day. I decide to call because it's easier.

The phone rings a couple of times and just before the call times out she picks up the phone.

"Hello?" her voice was hoarse and she sounded tired.

"I'm sorry (your nickname), I didn't realize you'd be asleep." It was only 8:30pm.

She cleared her throat. "No it's okay, exams exhaust me. What's up?"

"I just talked to my parents and they would like you to come hang out with us all day if you want. They'll be in town around noon and my mom said you're more than welcome to join." I say enthusiastically but softly.