dude

Shaynes POV (You get the pattern) 

I drop from the bar to see Nicole standing there. 

"Wow, such a macho man," she mocks me. 

"What do you want," this is getting old. 

"Ouch Shayne, I thought you would be happy to see me." she touches my arm and I pull back. 

"Not really Nicole, just trying to workout in peace." I jump back onto the bar. 

"Poor you, being bothered by a bombshell must be soooo annoying." she rolls her eyes. 

I ignore her comment and continue to do pull ups until she finally leaves. God she was never this annoying when we were together. It doesn't take much for me to be jealous but this just made it easier for me to get over her. 

After I ignore her for a minute she walks off. I turn to go work on free weight exercises and as I do I notice y/n is picking her stuff up to leave. I walk toward her as she goes to leave but stops at the water fountain. Man up Shayne, just ask. I take a deep breath and head in her direction. 

... 

As she leaves her hips sway and watching the rhythmic motion flusters me. I shake my head and recap what just happened. She just invited me to her place, to celebrate what? I guess i'll find out Friday. I invited Damien without asking him, we'll see how that goes over. Maybe I can get Courtney to come. 

I look down to my phone and see her number. Should I send her a text? I guess I have to if I want the address. 

7:15pm S: Hey this is Shayne! 

Generic but gets the job done. 

... 

"So I may or may not have some bad news for you, depending on how you take it." I smile at him, he doesn't smile back. 

"What did you do." he says flatly. 

"I kinda invited you to a party Friday night at y/n's house." I wince and hold it on my face.

"You did not," Damien didn't look too happy. 

"Dude i'm sorry, it was a reflex! I don't want to go alone!! Please do me this favor." I plead to Damien. 

"Okay fine. But I am not doing this again without you asking me first." he makes a displeased face at you. "Plus maybe she has a hot, single roommate." he shrugs. 

"Whew, thank god." 

Pulling out my phone I text Courtney. 

8:23pm: S: need a wing woman. 9pm Friday night. you up for it? 

8:30pm C: count me in. 

Courtney was the perfect person to help me, she was confident and funny. 

... 

We had just finished shooting a Try Not to Laugh and I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. 

1:15pm y/n: sorry to send this last minute but heres my address! Bring your own drinks, food will be provided! see you then ;) 

My heart skips a beat and I glance around the room and see Courtney looking at me with a raised eyebrow. 

"Who's that?" she peaks at my phone, I instinctively pull it close to me. 

"Just the girl I need you to get to like me," I give her a awkward smile. 

"Oh easy. What does she look like?" 

I opened her Instagram profile and showed her a headshot/selfie. 

"Wow she's a hottie! You guys would be good looking together," she has a loaded smile on her face "a power couple if you will. How in the world did you find her?"

"I met her at the gym after she fell out a deep squat, at first I just wanted to help her up but her natural beauty caught my attention. I have seen her a couple of times more after that and each time i'm drawn to her." I realize I have a wide smile covering my face. 

"Someone's caught feelings," she raises her eyebrows and purses her lips.

"Exactly! I need you to work your magic," I place my hand on her shoulders and she nods. 

"Trust me, I know exactly what to do." She raises both eyebrows, burps, and leaves. 

... 

Its Friday afternoon and I'm staring into my closet with no clue what to wear. Is this a college party? Work party?  I have no clue. I send a text to y/n. 

6:12pm S: what's the attire? questioning what to wear 

6:15pm y/n: dressy but casual!! don't think too hard.

Okay okay. That doesn't narrow anything down. Should I look casual or go for something slick? I pull out a couple of options that usually work well for me. I ask Damien to pick from the options I pulled out and he picks out a pair of dark wash jeans, black high top vans, and a black button down collared shirt. That'll do. 

"You don't want to look like you're trying too hard, but that you care about how you look if you know what I mean. I'll probably wear something less nice, like a plain t-shirt and some jeans." he shrugs. 

"Cool cool." I thank him for the help and hop in the shower. 

I wouldn't consider myself extremely confident but feel good about how I looked from a muscular perspective. Doubt still crosses my mind that she won't be interested in me, not quite sure why but it's always a possibility.  

Stepping out of the shower I take a look at myself in the mirror and analyze what I see. My muscles were balanced, but there was always something that could be worked on. I comb through my hair and let it air dry, I brush my teeth and get dressed for the party. 

AN: short but better things coming :)