Target Aquired

-Zoe-

I wake up the next morning in an unfamiliar room. My eyes sting because of the light. I'm laying on a bed so I turn around. I practically jump off the bed when I see Cara. She lays there facing me, she looks as if there is no problem in the world that could wake her from her slumber. I remember everything that happened last night, woah...

I start to get up to get dressed but I hear Cara's voice from behind me.
"Where are you going?" She asks. I turn to her small figure on the bed, she looks cold. I sigh and walk back over, Cara smiles as I get back in bed and she cautiously moved close to me. Is she nervous? I put my arm around her and pull her close to me. She snuggles up to me and rests her head on my chest.
"You know I have to go at some point." I say to her.
"Mmm, no." She says. I smile and play a little with her hair.
"Do you snuggle with everyone you sleep with the morning after." I joke. She elbows me in the side as I laugh.

Me and Cara stay like that for awhile until something, or rather someone bursts through the door. It's an older man who looks pissed. Cara jumps back into my arms and I reach for my gun before realizing it's not there.
"So the rumors are true!" His voice booms throughout the room. For the first time ever, Cara look genuinely scared. She holds onto me as if I was the only thing keeping her from floating away. "Your sleeping with the other side! Is that how she got away! We're you even kidnapped!" He yells at her and few guards walk in. Cara opens her drawer and behind a few toys, is a gun. She points the gun towards one of the guards and they all freeze. Her hand is shaking.
"Dad," she tries to reason, "those guys at the movie, they are crazy. They tried to rape me." Cara says.
"You've smoked to many this time! You're going to stay with me at my house, no more parties, no more weed, no more trust!" He yells.
"Dad! I haven't had drugs in months!" She yells back, "it's actually the so called enemy who convinced me to stop!" Cara's dad looks at me and pulls out his gun, pointing it straight to my head. Cara pushes me off the bed and the guards are quick to get me. That's until Cara turns her gun from the head guard to them. But that doesn't last long when her dad fire a bullet and it hits her gun out of her hand. She pulls away shocked.
"You could have hit my fucking hand!" She screams at him. The guards drags me and I feel my chest tighten up. I struggle and fight back.
"No! Get off me bitches! Let go!" I throw three of them back but then I hear another gunshot. there is a burning feeling in my leg and I fall down with a yelp. A guard puts a hoodie over me before grabbing me again. It's one of Cara's big hoodies and it smells like her. I feel bad for getting blood on it. I hear screaming as I get dragged out of the room. The most painful part is that I'm awake through all of it.

I get thrown into a cold cell. The guard throws a bandage wrap at me and I quickly take it, my hands shaking. I wrap it around my leg tight. He just skimmed my thigh. Nothing fatal. I sit back and stare at the ceiling in just my underwear and a hoodie. I knew this was a bad idea. I pull the hood over my head and lie down hoping to go to sleep. But it doesn't work.

For hours I stay up staring at one flickering light outside of my cell. I see other cells but I doubt anyone's in them. Maybe it's a new place since we kind of destroyed their last hostage base. At least I know where this one is.

A few more hours pass before I hear small footsteps going through the hall. Cara walks past my cell looking for something.
"Cara..." I call out. I hear her footsteps skid to a stop before they get closer. Cara opens my cell door with a key and rushes over to me with a med kit. "How did you get past your dad?" I ask. Cara looks up at me.
"I agreed to start my training to be the next boss." She says.
"Why did you do that just for me?" I ask shocked.
I don't know much about what it's like in her gang, but from mine I heard that becoming the boss is extremely hard. She just shakes her head and unwraps my leg. She puts some antibiotics on it and cleans it. I groan in pain.
"You're a baby." She says while re wrapping my leg. I scoff at her and she sits back next to me.

After awhile of just sitting and staring at the light, I speak up, "I want to know more about you... we don't know much about each other, well actually you probably know everything about me given the first night we met." I joke. Cara laughs and rests her head against my shoulder. She takes another thing out of her med kit and I'm relieved to see a blanket. She rests it over me and I take a deep breath as I start to warm up.
"Well, I'm an only child... I love ice skating and I'm allergic to see food." She says.

***

After awhile Cara lets me go back to my gang. I still can't help but wonder why she wanted to do training just to help me. I mean sure we went on a date... but do I mean a lot to her already?

My thumb hovers over my messages. I want to call Cara but I know it would come off desperate seeing as I just got back from her place. When I walk into my room. Rachel is reading a book on my bed.

"Young lady, do you have any idea what time it is!" She jokes. I laugh and she runs over to hug me. "How did it go?" She asks.
"There were some bumps along the way but I think it went okay." I say. Rachel looks me up and down with an inquisitive look on her face.
"Did you get laid?" She asks and smile drops and I feel my face heating up. "You totally did! O M G, my little baby finally has a girlfriend!" She squeals loud enough for the entire gang to hear her.
"Shh, shut up." I say and push her back playfully.
"Zoe has a girlfriend, Zoe has a girlfriend." She chants while doing a little dance around the room. I can't help but smile at her antics. What would I do without my best friend.